Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Fluffy, tender, vegan pancake recipe that is bursting with fresh blueberries.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk divided; or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour or all purpose gluten free flour blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted, plus more for greasing skillet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In small mixing bowl, whisk together flax seed with 1/4 cup almond milk. Set to the side.
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add in blueberries and toss to coat blueberries with flour.
To flax mixture, add in remaining almond milk, vinegar, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
Add the wet ingredients to flour mixture and gently mix until just combined.
Pre-heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Grease pan with coconut oil.
Drop pancake batter onto heated skillet by 1/4 cup measurements. Let pancakes cook for 2-4 minutes or until bubbles start to form on top of pancake. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until bottom is browned.
- In place of almond milk, you can use any non-dairy milk you like such as soy milk or coconut milk.
- Feel free to use an all purpose gluten free flour blend in place of the flour to make these vegan gluten free pancakes.
- Pancakes can be stored in air tight container in fridge for 4-5 days.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 235mg | Iron: 1.1mg