Fresh watermelon and lime juice are mixed up with crisp white wine and seltzer water for a Summer Sangria.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 7 cups fresh watermelon diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1/4 cup triple sec optional
- 1 liter plain seltzer water optional
- 1 pint blueberries optional
Blend 7 cups of watermelon until smooth. Strain through mesh strainer to remove any seeds or pulp.
Add fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, triple sec and white wine to large pitcher. Stir to incorporate.
Chill for 2-4 hours.
Before serving, stir again. Fill a glass with ice. Pour in the watermelon mixture until the glass is 2/3rds of the way full. Top off the glass with chilled seltzer water.
Garnish with fresh blueberries and watermelon stars if desired.
- Use a dry white wine like Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, or Dry Riesling
- Best to serve after 2-4 hours of refrigeration.
- Watermelon Sangria will keep for 3 days in refrigerator.
- The seltzer water adds a nice effervescence to this Sangria, but feel to omit.
- Triple sec adds incredible depth of flavor, but can be omitted in a pinch.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 21.9mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.8mg