One Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Creamy, comforting mac and cheese comes together in one pot--no pre-boiling noodles necessary. This ultimate comfort dish gets a speedy and healthy make-over!
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 16 ounces whole wheat elbow pasta
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups milk any variety, even half and half will work
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg optional
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar
- 3/4 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Bring pasta, stock, seasonings and butter to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta has absorbed most of the stock and is very al dente--about 7 minutes.
Add in milk, nutmeg, and cheese and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until pasta has absorbed milk and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 924mg | Potassium: 254mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Calcium: 425mg | Iron: 2.3mg