5 Ingredient Baked Rotini
5 ingredients is all you need to make this Easy Baked Rotini Pasta! This Easy Pasta Bake is a kid friendly casserole that can feed a large crowd on a budget.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 16 ounces rotini noodles or ziti, rigatoni, etc
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta liquid
- 4 cups homemade or jarred spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 cups shredded cheese mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan or a mixture
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta 1-2 minutes less than package directions in salted boiling water. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Mix cooked pasta and reserved sauce together with sauce, cottage cheese, egg, and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Pour into a large 9x13 pan or casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Alternatively, you can prep this dish up to baking. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days before baking. Add 20 minutes to baking time if coming from fridge.
- Whole wheat, regular, or gluten free noodles can be used.
- Feel free to add in ground beef, sausage, or even pepperoni to this baked rotini for a heartier dish.
- In place of cottage cheese, ricotta cheese can be used.
- Omit the egg if you need this to be an egg free pasta bake (just be sure to check your noodles for eggs as well!)
- Pasta Bake can be assembled up to baking and frozen for up to 2 months. To bake from frozen, bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until warmed through.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 2.3mg