Loaded Baked Potato Soup
In only 30 minutes, a hearty, low-fat baked potato soup comes together in one pan.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 -6
- 4 cups russet potatoes scrubbed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon carrots diced into size of rice grains (I used a handheld chopper)
- 1 tablespoon onions diced into size of rice grains
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- For serving: shredded sharp cheddar cheese and bacon I use about 2 ounces shredded cheese and 4 strips cooked bacon
Place potatoes, chicken stock, vinegar, salt, carrots, and onions into large pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes.
Whisk together the milk and flour.
Remove soup from heat and whisk in milk mixture. Return to heat and turn heat to high and whisk and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until creamy and bubbly.
Serve with shredded cheese and bacon crumbles as desired.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 788mg | Potassium: 859mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1.6mg