Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Easy Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches are sure to become a new family favorite dinner. Tender chuck roast is piled on a toasted garlic bun and smothered with provolone cheese. Served up with rich broth on the side for dipping. These delicious sandwiches are made with almost no effort in the pressure cooker or slow cooker.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 8 rolls
- 3 -4 pound Chuck Roast or bottom round--but will be less tender
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp canola Oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 garlic cloves divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 hoagie buns
- 1 tbsp butter optional
- 16 slices provolone cheese
Season meat on all sides with salt and pepper.
Turn Pressure Cooker to Saute and let heat to hot. Add oil and sear meat on all sides until golden (about 2-3 minutes per side).
Add beef broth, 2 garlic cloves, onion slice and soy sauce to pressure cooker. Place lid on Instant Pot and turn to sealed.
Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes for extremely tender meat or 40 minutes for meat that can be sliced.
Once cooking time is finished, allow pressure cooker to naturally release for 15-20 minutes before manually releasing pressure.
Remove meat and shred with 2 forks or thinly slice.
Heat oven to 400 degrees and brush hoagie rolls with melted butter or oil.
Toast rolls for 5 minutes or until golden and rub garlic clove over inside of roll.
Layer meat and cheese on rolls and return to oven until cheese melts--about 3 minutes.
Serve with side of strained aus jus (cooking liquid) on side for dipping.
- Total pressure cooker time: 5 minutes prep, 15 minutes warm up, 60 minutes cook time, 20 minutes natural release: Total time 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- If your roast is thicker than my pictures show, increase time by 15 minutes per pound.
- If the meat is still not tender enough for you, remove from broth, slice and put back in pressure cooker in broth. Set on high pressure for 10 minutes and allow to release for 20. Serve with slotted spoon.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Sear the meat in a heavy bottomed skillet in 1 tablespoon oil. Once seared on all sides, place the chuck roast into the slow cooker with the broth, garlic, onion and soy sauce and cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 9-10 hours.
- Nutrition Facts are based on 1/3 pound meat, 1 rolls, 2 slices of cheese and 1 cup aus jus.
Calories: 375kcal | Protein: 40g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 577mg | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 300mg | Iron: 5.7mg