Welcome to A Mind "Full" Mom!
I am Kristen Chidsey and am thrilled to welcome you here and help you find delicious, wholesome recipes for you to enjoy with your loved ones.
I am a wife, a mom of two, a Cystic Fibrosis warrior, a math and science teacher by trade, and a bit obsessed with food and cooking.
I have loved cooking since I was a child and would happily give up playing with dolls or riding my bike to instead pull up a stool to the kitchen counter and help with the meal preparation.
I spent hours in the kitchen with my mom, my aunts, and my Papa--who happened to be a chef in the Navy. I not only learned how to cook but also how to stretch meals to feed a crowd when resources were tight. But most importantly, I made memories that I hold near and dear to my heart and learned that cooking for others is a way to express love.
To this day, I think fondly of my Papa whenever I make his Baked Beans or Chicken Pot Pie. And whenever I need to bless someone in need with a meal, I often turn to Creamy Chicken and Noodles, just as I saw my mom do countless times. And don't get me started on making Homemade Salsa! I can't look at my aunt without thinking about HOURS and HOURS spent preparing and canning salsa from her very large garden.
My family never made complicated or gourmet meals, but instead believed in wholesome ingredients prepared with love. And that is the philosophy I have carried into my adulthood.
About A Mind "Full" Mom
A Mind "Full" Mom started as a way to fill YOUR mind with easy, whole food, family-approved recipes. My mind was just "full" of ideas I wanted to share with you, hence the play on the word mindful.
A Mind "Full" Mom has evolved over time, but the focus is still the same, wholesome recipes for everyday life.
What Makes My Recipes Stand Out
From wholesome breakfast recipes to family-pleasing dinners, here you will find nutritious, tried-and-true recipes that are big on flavor, made with easy-to-find ingredients, and family-approved!
- Wholesome Ingredients. I strive to stay away from ingredients I can't pronounce and avoid high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, food colorings, and MSG whenever possible.
- From Scratch. I make as much as I can from scratch, including a variety of kitchen staples, homemade breads, and snacks, while still keeping it simple!
- Quick & Easy. If you don’t have hours to spend in your kitchen, you are in the right place! While I believe in cooking from scratch when possible, I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. From 30-minute meals to Instant Pot Recipes, to Slow Cooker Recipes, I have tons of recipes that keep the prep work to a minimum, without sacrificing quality or favor.
- Simple Ingredients. My recipes are made with easy-to-find ingredients and ideally in-season produce. I lived on a very tight budget for years and don't want you to break the bank or have to go to specialty stores to prepare any recipe here.
- Family-Friendly. I share simple, wholesome recipes that are not made with fancy ingredients or make your kids run for the hills. These are tried and true recipes that please my kids and my VERY picky husband.
About My Family
I am blessed to be married to my best friend and the mother of two precious miracles. But my entire family, are extremely picky eaters!
My husband grew up eating meat and potatoes and processed foods. My son had an egg, wheat, and dairy allergy until 7, along with a swallowing disorder. My daughter is a "vegetarian" that selectively eats ground beef, bacon, sausage, and chicken😜
I have become quite an expert on Kid-Friendly Meals and Allergy-Friendly Recipes through the years! And you can rest assured that my recipes have to go through a lot of criticism before they are shared with you which is a good thing for you and your picky palates!
But I love my family dearly and they are my biggest cheerleaders and the sweetest taste testers EVER.
Another thing you may find interesting is that I have Cystic Fibrosis. And shortly after my late-in-life diagnosis, both my kids were diagnosed with a form of cystic fibrosis as well.
Cystic fibrosis is a progressive, genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and prevents the release of digestive enzymes that allow the body to break down food and absorb vital nutrients. This plays a huge role in our lives and in our diets. I view it as I never know what my body will choose to absorb, so I want to be sure that what I consume is as wholesome as it can be to help nourish my body the best way I can.
We are warriors in this house. We get up and are intentional about what we eat and how we take care of ourselves. We also are sure to smile and give lots of hugs--and cherish every moment that God gives us.
A Mind "Full" Mom's Most Popular Recipes
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- The Best Taco Meat Recipe
- Chili Seasoning Recipe
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
Top Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
Kristen's Favorite Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Southwestern Chicken Cobb Salad
- Pina Colada
- Easy Homemade Latte Recipe
My Family's Favorite Recipes
Stay In Touch
From free weekly meal plans to instant pot secrets to my best cooking tips, sign up for one or more newsletters and let me help you be a superstar in the kitchen.
And as always, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!