Honey Lemon Chicken Skillet
Thin chicken breasts are glazed in a honey lemon glaze, for a quick and healthy chicken skillet meal.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Sear chicken on both sides in skillet, for about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
Whisk together the honey, lemon juice, chicken stock and Dijon together. Pour into skillet and whisk until boiling. Reduce to a low simmer and add chicken back in pan. Lay the lemon slices over the chicken, cover the skillet and let simmer for 10 mintues or until chicken is cooked through.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Make you own chicken cutlets by using a sharp fillet knife to slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Place the sliced chicken breast between two slices of plastic wrap and then pound with a meat mallet.
- Do not use jarred lemon juice--fresh lemon juice is a must for this chicken.
- The Dijon mustard adds a bit of rich depth to the honey lemon sauce, but if you don't like mustard, feel free to leave it out.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3 days. This leftover chicken is great used to top a salad.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg