Honey Lemon Chicken Skillet: One skillet and a few ingredients you are left with a perfectly glazed chicken that is moist, tender and bursting with flavor.
People often give me the excuse that eating healthy takes too much time. It is NOT true.
I understand that if you eat at home it does in fact take a bit more time than ordering take-out, but it does not need to be complicated or time-consuming.
When dinner only takes one pan, like this Honey Glazed Chicken, even better!!
Honey Lemon Chicken
This one pot chicken skillet sings with lemon and honey. It is a meal that beats ANY take-out meal. And with one dish to clean up after dinner–there is NO excuse not to try this dinner out.
Notes on Honey Lemon Chicken Breasts
- I recommend using thin chicken breast cutlets for ease in this chicken skillet. However, chicken breast cutlets can be pricey. Make you own chicken cutlets, using a sharp fillet knife to slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces and then pound with a meat mallet. For more help, watch the video on how to make chicken breast cutlets out of chicken breasts here.
- Because this honey lemon chicken recipe has very few ingredients it is important to use high quality ingredients for maximum flavor. Do not use jarred lemon juice–fresh lemon juice is a must for this chicken.
- The Dijon mustard adds a bit of rich depth to the honey lemon sauce, but if you don’t like mustard, feel free to leave it out.
Looking for more Gluten free Recipes–check out my collection of Easy 30 Minute Gluten-Free Meals.
Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
Honey Lemon Chicken Skillet
Chicken Breasts are glazed in a honey lemon glaze, for a quick and healthy chicken skillet meal.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 lemon sliced
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Sear chicken on both sides in skillet, for about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
Whisk together the honey, lemon juice, chicken stock and Dijon together. Pour into skillet and whisk until boiling. Reduce to a low simmer and add chicken back in pan. Lay the lemon slices over the chicken, cover the skillet and let simmer for 10 mintues or until chicken is cooked through.
Garnish with parsley and serve.