Stir-Fried Chicken and Bok Choy
An easy stir fry that comes together in less than 15 minutes with fresh vegetables and chicken.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic grated or minced finely
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
For the Stir Fry
- 1 teaspoon light sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 head of bok choy washed and cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 large carrots peeled in strips or 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 5-6 green onions diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro if desired
Stir together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Heat sesame oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add in bok choy, carrots, green onions, and sesame seeds. Stir continuously for 3 minutes and then add in sauce. Cook until sauce has coated the chicken and vegetables and heated through.
Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro if desired.
- Be sure to use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari to keep this gluten-free.
- Be sure to use LIGHT sesame oil instead of dark sesame oil for this stir-fry--also be sure your sesame oil does not smell rancid before using.
- Sesame oil needs to be kept in the refrigerator to remain fresh.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 1097mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 14660IU | Vitamin C: 100.5mg | Calcium: 267mg | Iron: 2.7mg