Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
This Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bar Recipe is marshmallow-free made with brown crisp rice cereal, peanut butter, and honey. Finished with a chocolate topping, because chocolate and peanut butter are perfection together!
Prep Time5 mins
Resting Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
Cover an 8x8 pan with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
Heat honey and peanut butter up for 30 seconds and then stir in vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in cereal until just coated.
Pour into prepared pan and gently flatten out. Pop treats in the fridge to harden before ICING with chocolate for 10-15 minutes.
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted.
Pour chocolate over cereal mixture and spread out with back of spoon.
Allow to set up in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
Remove from fridge and cut into squares.
- Substitute agave syrup for the honey and use dairy free chocolate for a vegan rice krispie treat.
- Be sure your peanut butter rice krispie treats are hardened before icing with chocolate, or it will be quite a mess!
- Store in sealed container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2.8mg