DIY All Natural Disinfectant Wipes: 4 natural ingredients come together to create all purpose natural wipes that disinfect and clean hard surfaces, keeping your house germ free and ready to welcome anyone over!
It is that crazy time of the year.
And hopefully, actually finding the time to celebrate and enjoy the season too.
The LAST thing I have time for is getting sick!
And during the holidays we entertain and open our house up to guests frequently. Which in turn means opening our house up to the germs that may come with them.
Being immune compromised with Cystic Fibrosis, I really do not want to welcome any germs around any time but especially the holidays, when so many events are going on and fun is to be had.
But I do not want to turn people away from my house either out of fear–and while I can’t protect myself 100% of the time, I do my best to try!
So how do I protect myself and my family?
I make my own Disinfectant wipes with paper towels, liquid soap, and rubbing alcohol.
This combination of alcohol and dish soap kills the germs and wipes surfaces clean.
Meaning, I get cleaning and germ killing done with one swipe of my homemade wipe and can prepare for company quickly. And clean up spills of Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate and crumbs of Greek Pinwheels after the party— making my life EASIER!!
All Natural Homemade Wipes for Cleaning and Disinfection
What makes my version of homemade cleaning wipes the best?
Well, the rubbing alcohol kills the germs, Dawn cuts grease and dirt, and strong paper towels hold up to a little elbow grease!
I always have these wipes stocked in my cleaning closet! These wipes paired with my Green Tea Ramen and Triple Berry Smoothie make a great arsenal to those nasty winter bugs out there.
Homemade antibacterial wipes are:
- SIMPLE to make
- As effective as name brand wipes
- Free from harsh chemical
- Frugal, as these homemade disposal wipes are cheaper to make than any wipe you can buy.
Follow these simple steps to make your wipes and protect your family.
How to Make DIY DISINFECTANT WIPES
- Mix together 2 cups warm water, 1 tablespoon liquid soap, 1 cup rubbing alcohol together.
- Place paper towels in a container that just fits them. I use a large glass cylinder container that was made to store food, but you could tear off the paper towels and place them in a large rectangular container. You just want the container to not leave much space around the paper towels, so they absorb the liquid.
- Pour liquid over paper towels.
- Now the cardboard tube is easy to pull out.
- And you can easily pull paper towels out one at a time!
Now you are ready to cross stressing about germs off your list, along with running out of all your basic needs. You can welcome people into your clean, well stocked house, and just enjoy your company–planned or unexpected.
A Few Notes on these Homemade Disinfectant Wipes:
- If you can’t find a large glass container to hold a whole roll of paper towels, tear the roll into individual sheets and roll up lengthwise and place in a 2 quart glass ball jar or lay flat in plastic container. You can even rinse out an old Clorox wipes container or baby wipes container to use.
- I love to make Homemade Disinfectant Wipes with essential oils. You can add in 10 drops of any essential oil you like. I personally prefer lemon, as lemon is known for antibacterial qualities as well.
- You can omit the soap and these wipes would become strictly antibacterial wipes, NOT a multi-purpose cleaning and disinfecting homemade wipe.
- If you omit the dish soap, these wipes are safe to use on granite counter tops, as alcohol is safe on granite according to Granite Care Pro. You can still use them with the soap on granite, but would need to rinse off and buff dry, as the soap can leave a residue on the granite over time.
Directions For Homemade All Purpose Wipes
Click on Image for Printable PDF for natural disinfectant wipe directions.