You all LOVED my Copycat Thin Mint Cookies, I thought it would be perfect to share with you all my version of a homemade Tagalong Cookie.
And who does NOT love chocolate and peanut butter together?!! Even though Thin Mints are my favorite Girl Scout Cookie, chocolate and peanut butter is my absolute favorite flavor combination and I can NEVER resist a homemade version of a Tagalong Cookie.
My mom has been making what she calls a Ritz Cracker Peanut Butter Cookie for decades. She used Ritz Crackers, Almond Bark and Jiff Peanut Butter to make the cookies that were always the first to disappear from our Christmas Cookie stash. That salty sweet combination is just perfection!
I have updated the recipe a bit. It is still just 3 simple ingredients. But I use a butter cracker made without hydrogenated oils, like these ones, natural peanut butter, and quality milk chocolate. Simple perfection.
- 60 Butter Crackers
- 1 pound quality milk chocolate
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- Spread 30 of crackers with about 2 teaspoons each of peanut butter and top with additional cracker.
- Melt chocolate, in 30 second intervals, in microwave, stirring between heating and until smooth.
- Dip each cookie into chocolate and shake excess off. Place on wax paper to harden and set.
- Store in refridgerator.
Featured on Meal Plan Monday.