Peanut Butter Coffee: A creamy, dreamy blend of homemade chocolate peanut butter syrup, espresso, and steamed milk to create a peanut butter mocha that is perfect for curling up with or starting your day with.
I was told being a mom was exhausting work and quickly found that to be true after my son was born.
But after 13 years in the role of mom, I am still surprised by how exhausting it can be. There are always dishes to do, laundry to fold, tears to wipe, stories to read, meals to prepare, and new “stages” and moods to try to learn and sometimes conquer!
While I wouldn’t trade my two kids for anything, I need moments to find time to take a break and recharge.
One of my favorite ways to do that is to put my feet up, grab a book, and my ultimate beverage: A Peanut Butter Mocha!
Peanut Butter Coffee
So this peanut butter chocolate latte is everything I crave–rich peanut butter, decadent chocolate all swirled together with a boost of caffeine I need to charge up my Mommy superpowers.
With every sip, I feel myself relaxing and enjoying the moment–how can you not enjoy, when you are sipping on chocolate?!
The best part of this drink? Well, other than the way it tastes!
It comes together in less than 2 minutes–and all you moms know that you don’t have time to spare in your free time to be slaving over the stove!
How to make a Peanut Butter Mocha at home
Start by making homemade chocolate peanut butter syrup AKA Reeses Cup Syrup.
This is as simple as whisking a few ingredients together and once the Chocolate Peanut Butter Syrup is made, it will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Perfect for when the craving for peanut butter coffee strikes.
At this point, you could opt to just flavor your coffee with the peanut butter chocolate syrup.
But I like to take it up a step and add steamed milk.
Want to know the easiest way to steam milk?
It is as simple as a warm milk and either a whisk or a hand held mixer. Check out my tips on how to make homemade lattes.
This chocolate peanut butter latte is my perfect escape.
I can have my favorite drink of all time with almost no effort. And my taking a few moments to snuggle up, I recharge and my mood is lifted. I am ready to face life as a mom with a smile on my face!
Notes on How to Make Peanut Butter Mocha
- If you want to not go to the hassle of making homemade peanut butter chocolate syrup, just mixt together 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter together. Then proceed with the recipe.
- Sometimes I shave chocolate over my homemade mocha for an extra special treat.
- To make this a vegan mocha–just use dairy-free milk. I love both almond milk and coconut milk in my homemade mochas.
- If you want a plain mocha, just omit the peanut butter and proceed with the recipe.
Recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Latte
Peanut Butter Coffee
Chocolate Peanut Butter Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
For Peanut Butter Mocha
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup milk any variety
Peanut Butter Chocolate Syrup
- Combine cocoa powder, maple syrup, and water in a medium saucepan and heat over medium low. Stir until maple syrup and cocoa powder dissolve, about 2-3 minutes. Add peanut butter and stir while syrup heats, about 5 minutes. Remove syrup for heat and add in vanilla and dash of salt. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
For Peanut Butter Coffee
- Place milk and chocolate peanut butter syrup into microwave safe coffee mug. Microwave for 45 seconds and then using a whisk, whisk the milk to make it frothy and peanut butter syrup are combined.
- Pour or brew coffee milk mixture.
If you like Peanut Butter Mocha, you may also like