These Peanut Butter Dog Treats are the perfect treat for your dog! Made with only four ingredients, these cookies for dogs are the perfect homemade dog treat.
My entire family has a soft spot for our Boston Terrier, Bailey.
From extra long snuggles, daily walks, to a cushy dog bed, to homemade dog treats–this is one puppy that lives a good life.
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Our dog has always had a bit of a sensitive stomach, as many dogs (and humans) do.
She is on a gluten-free, corn-free, dairy free diet–which may sound horrible, but trust me, Bailey does not seem to be suffering.
Especially given that we make Homemade Dog Treats, or as my kids call them Dog Cookies, regularly.
Ingredients for Homemade Dog Treats
- Peanut Butter
These simple ingredients are the perfect base for our homemade dog cookies, because the ingredients are safe for most dogs and they are staples we always have on hand.
Plus these dog treats are not limited to furry friends–we have been known to enjoy a few ourselves!
How to Make Homemade Dog Treats
- Mash the banana with the egg and peanut butter.
- Mix in the oats.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon batter out onto baking sheet, lined with silmat or parchment paper.
- Flatten slightly with a fork, like traditional peanut butter cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely on wire rack.
- Store dog cookies in air tight container for 5 days, or in the fridge for 7 days.
Be sure to take a look at all my Oats Recipes as oats in all shapes and forms happen to be one of my favorite ingredients to cook with.
Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Treats
- 1 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash all the ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop onto a rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool.