Peanut Butter Dog Treats are the perfect, wholesome homemade treat for your dog! Made with only four ingredients, these dog cookies are simple to make and loved by canines of all shapes and sizes.
My entire family has a soft spot for our Boston Terrier, Bailey.
From extra long snuggles, daily walks, to a cushy dog bed, to homemade dog treats–this is one puppy that lives a good life.
Our dog has always had a bit of a sensitive stomach, as many dogs (and humans) do. She is on a gluten-free, corn-free, dairy-free diet–which may sound horrible, but trust me, Bailey does not seem to be suffering.
Especially given that we make Homemade Dog Treats, or as my kids call them Dog Cookies, on a regular basis.
Ingredients for Homemade Dog Treats
These simple dog treats are made with just oats, banana, peanut butter, and egg–which are ingredients that are known to not only be safe for dogs to consume but actually good for them as well.
Plus these staple ingredients are ones we always have on hand and these peanut butter dog treats come together in minutes. So no excuse NOT to spoil our dog with homemade treats.
How to Make Homemade Dog Treats
- Mash the banana with the egg and peanut butter.
- Mix in the oats.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon batter out onto baking sheet, lined with silmat or parchment paper.
- Flatten slightly with a fork, like traditional peanut butter cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely on wire rack.
- Store dog cookies in an airtight container for 5 days, or in the fridge for 7 days.
I would love to hear how you spoil your dog with these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Cookies! And I won’t judge if you sneak one for yourself!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Treats
- 1 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash all the ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop onto a rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool.