This Simple Cheesy Taco Bake makes a perfect meatless meal! This taco pasta bake requires minimal prep, pantry ingredients and tastes just like a taco!
Easy Meatless Taco Pasta
If you are looking for and EASY, frugal meal, this Meatless Pasta Bake is the recipe for you!
It is a simple meal made with basic pantry ingredients that picky eaters are sure to love.
This meal is as simple as tossing cooked pasta with tomato sauce, salsa, and spices with sour cream and cheese.
While meatless, it still has a Mexican flair that is reminiscent of tacos–and who doesn’t love tacos?
So whether you are looking for a quick dinner from your pantry staples, a meatless meal, a family pleasing meal, or the perfect meal for a busy weeknight–this Easy, Cheesy Taco Bake is for you!
How to Make Baked Taco Pasta
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- elbow noodles, or rotini work best for this recipe.
- Mix cooked noodles with salsa, taco seasoning, tomato sauce and sour cream together.
- Pro Tip: Blend salsa up if you have picky eaters that do not like to find chunks in their meals!
- Pour taco noodle mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake until creamy and bubbly.
A Few Notes
- Use mild salsa to keep this taco bake kid friendly.
- Blend salsa up if you have picky eaters that do not like to find chunks in their meals!
- Feel free to add in taco meat or beans to bulk this meal up. Or prepare this one pot Taco Pasta with taco meat instead.
- Prepare this dish in advance up to baking. Cover and then bake as directed. You may need an additional 10 minutes longer for cook time, as pasta is cold.
More Meatless Meals
- Easy Baked Rotini
- Vegetarian Lentil Chili
- Easy Lentil Tacos with Avocado Cream
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes
Easy Creamy Meatless Taco Pasta Bake
- 1 box 16 ounces whole wheat elbow pasta
- 1 cup salsa or rotel tomatoes
- 1 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil pasta for 2 minutes less than package states.
- Mix together the spices with the salsa, tomato sauce, and sour cream with the cooked pasta. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.