These flourless chocolate chip cookies are everything you crave in a chocolate chip cookie--soft, gooey, rich, and satisfying!
Made with almond butter and with options to be dairy-free and/or egg-free, these allergy-friendly Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies will satisfy your cookie craving.
Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies
We have a lot of allergies in my extended family. My nephew is allergic to eggs. My niece is allergic to dairy. And many have gluten sensitivities. And did I mention my brother is vegan?
It may sound next to impossible to make a chocolate chip cookie that not only meets my family's crazy dietary restrictions but also tastes good.
This recipe for Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies delivers!
This recipe for chocolate chips cookies is gluten-free, dairy-free, and has options to be egg-free and vegan friendly.
In place of flour, almond butter is used, much like how peanut butter is used in classic peanut butter cookies. These almond butter cookies have a similar melt-in-your-mouth texture as peanut butter cookies, but the almond butter does not overwhelm the flavor of the cookie, instead, it gives it a subtle nutty flavor.
The batter for these flourless cookies comes together in one bowl and they require no chilling--so it only takes minutes to satisfy that cookie craving!
Notes on Ingredients
- Almond Butter: It is best to use all-natural, unsalted almond butter--the kind that needs refrigerated. I prefer unsalted nut butter because then I can control the salt in the cookie. All-natural peanut butter may be substituted for the almond butter if desired.
- Egg: To make these cookies egg-free, use a flax egg in place of an egg.
- Salt: Omit salt if your almond/peanut butter is salted.
- Sugar: Feel free to use evaporated cane sugar or coconut sugar in place of brown sugar. Granulated sugar will work in a bind, but the texture of the cookie is not the same.
- Chocolate Chips: If needed, be sure that your chocolate chips or chunks are dairy-free.
How to Make Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
The process of making these cookies is SUPER simple. You only need a mixing bowl, a spoon, and a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the baking soda, salt, and sugar together until the salt and baking soda are incorporated into the sugar. This helps the ingredients to be evenly distributed in the cookie batter.
- Add in the almond butter, vanilla extract, and egg or flax egg to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Scoop the batter out by rounded tablespoons, and gently roll into a ball. Place the cookie dough onto a baking sheet, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake until just BARELY beginning to brown.
- Remove the cookie tray from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes and then carefully transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
To make these cookies vegan-friendly, use a flax egg in place of the egg, evaporated cane sugar, or coconut sugar instead of brown sugar, and be sure your chocolate chips are dairy-free/vegan-friendly chocolate chips.
Once the cookies have cooled fully to room temperature, place them in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 4 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the baked cookies for up to 1 month in an airtight container.
More Allergy-Friendly Desserts
- Gluten-Free Cookie Cake
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Easy Chocolate Bark Recipe
The next time you are craving a delicious cookie, give these Almond Butter Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies a try. They are easy to make and truly satisfying. And be sure to leave a review and comment below.
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup brown sugar see notes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt see notes
- 1 cup unsalted, natural almond butter
- 1 egg or flax egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, baking soda, and salt (if using) together until the baking soda and salt are evenly distributed throughout the sugar.
- To the sugar mixture, add in the almond butter, vanilla, and egg (or flax egg). Mix until well combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Scoop the batter out in 1 tablespoon spoonfuls, and gently roll into a ball. Place the cookie dough, 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until the cookies have begun to JUST BARELY brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and then remove to parchment paper, wax paper, or a cooling rack to cool completely.