Almond Butter Cookies are everything you crave in a chocolate chip cookie. Made with almond butter and loaded with chocolate chips, these flourless cookies are soft, gooey, rich, and satisfying.
When it comes to cookies, these Almond Butter Cookies are a favorite! This recipe requires no chilling and creates a flourless cookie that is soft, tender, and full of chocolate chips.
Much like how peanut butter is used in classic peanut butter cookies, the almond butter replaces the flour in this cookie recipe, giving the cookie a melt-in-your-mouth texture. But the almond butter does not overwhelm the flavor of the cookie, instead, it gives it a subtle nutty flavor that pairs beautifully with the chocolate.
These irresistibly good Almond Butter Cookies satisfy the craving for a chocolate chip cookie--without the flour!
Notes on Ingredients
- Almond Butter: It is best to use all-natural, unsalted almond butter, the kind that needs refrigeration. I prefer unsalted nut butter because then I can control the salt in the cookie. All-natural peanut butter may be substituted for almond butter if desired.
- Egg: To make these cookies egg-free, use a flax egg in place of an egg. For a flax egg, mix together 1 tablespoon flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for 5 minutes before adding the cookie batter.
- Salt: Omit salt if your almond/peanut butter is salted.
- Chocolate Chips: If needed, be sure that your chocolate chips or chunks are dairy-free.
How to Make Almond Butter Cookies
The process of making these flourless cookies is SUPER simple. You only need one bowl, a spoon, and a baking sheet. No chilling is required!
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the baking soda, salt, and sugar together until the salt and baking soda are incorporated into the sugar. This helps the ingredients to be evenly distributed in the cookie batter.
- Add the almond butter, vanilla extract, and egg or flax egg to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Scoop the batter out by rounded tablespoons, and gently roll it into a ball. Place the cookie dough onto a baking sheet, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake until just BARELY beginning to brown, you don't want to overbake the cookies or they will lose their soft, gooey texture.
- Remove the cookie tray from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes and then carefully transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Once the cookies have cooled fully to room temperature, place them in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 4 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the baked cookies for up to 1 month in an airtight container.
More Gluten-Free Treats
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Easy Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Crockpot Candy
The next time you are craving a delicious cookie, give these Flourless Almond Butter Cookies a try. They are easy to make and truly satisfying.
Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, baking soda, and salt together until the baking soda and salt are evenly distributed throughout the sugar.
- To the sugar mixture, add the almond butter, vanilla, and egg (or flax egg). Mix until well combined. Add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Scoop the batter out in 1 tablespoon spoonfuls, and gently roll into a ball. Place the cookie dough, 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until the cookies have begun to JUST BARELY brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and then remove to parchment paper, wax paper, or a cooling rack to cool completely.