It is so easy to make chocolate bark at home with only 2 ingredients! This easy recipe for chocolate bark produces a marbled bark that is so delicious and pretty! It is a great recipe to make to give to friends, or to just enjoy as a decadent treat.
Sometimes simple desserts are best.
Especially when it comes to chocolate. A piece of dark chocolate all on its own is usually enough to satisfy, but I also like to dress it up a bit and make simple marbled chocolate bark.
Marbled chocolate bark makes a delicious treat, is perfect to give as a gift, and is super fun to make during Halloween months–the marbled chocolate looks like spider’s web.
I also love to use this chocolate bark to dress up cupcakes or cakes. Fancy and impressive–yet so easy!
How to Make Chocolate Bark
This recipe for chocolate bark requires a few steps, but don’t worry–the steps are still super easy. In fact, it is a great recipe for kids to help out with.
Step One: Melt your Chocolate.
I place my white chocolate in a bowl and my dark chocolate in a bowl and microwave each for 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. This took me about 3 minutes for the dark chocolate and 2 minutes for the white chocolate–but it will be determined by your microwave’s power.
Step Two: Spread out Chocolate
Pour your dark chocolate onto a non-stick Silpat or wax paper and spread out to an even layer.
Step Three: White Chocolate Swirls
Put your white chocolate into a pastry bag or plastic sandwich bag with the tip cut off on one side and pipe swirls randomly over the dark chocolate.
Step Four: Swirl Chocolate
Using a toothpick, run lines through the white chocolate, creating a spider web effect.
Step Five: Let Chocolate Bark Set
Allow your chocolate bark to harden at room temperature for about 30 minutes or set up in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Break into chunks and serve or package.
Pro-Tips Marbled Chocolate Bark
- You can also melt your chocolate over a double boiler instead of in the microwave, just be sure to not get any water in your chocolate to prevent it from seizing up.
- Have your Silpat or piece of wax paper next to microwave or stove so you can put your spoon on it in-between stirring chocolate to keep your counters clean.
- Place your pastry bag or sandwich bag in a tall glass and drape sides over the rim of the cup so that it is easy to scoop the melted white chocolate into the bag.
- If you don’t have toothpicks to drag through chocolate, use the tip of a butter knife or a metal kebob skewer.
- Work quickly. Once your chocolate is melted, it is best to complete your bark in 5 minutes. And this recipe is so easy, you can do just that!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More Decadent Desserts
- Homemade Brownies
- Classic Cheesecake Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cut Out Sugar Cookie Recipe
2 Ingredient Easy Chocolate Bark
- 2 ounces dairy-free white chocolate cut into chunks
- 8 ounces dairy-free chocolate chips or bar, cut into chunks
- Place white chocolate and dark chocolate into 2 seperate glass bowls and microwave each at 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until melted and smooth.
- Pour dark chocolate onto silpat, parchment paper, or wax paper and spread to thin 1/8 inch with back of spoon or spatula.
- Place melted white chocolate into a pastry bag or sandwich bag with tip cut off, and piple swirls randomly over chocolate.
- Using toothpick or butter knife, drag through the white chocolate to create what looks like spider webs, or swirls.
- Allow chocolate to set up in the fridge, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Here is my Halloween Chocolate Bark–isn’t it cute?