Instant Pot Applesauce: You will never believe how easy it is to make homemade applesauce with the help of a pressure cooker! This no-sugar added applesauce is ready in less than 30 minutes and perfectly delicious!
This post is sponsored by BJ’s Wholesale Club, but as always, my opinion is 100% my own.
If I want to see my kid’s faces light up, I just need to announce I am making homemade applesauce. There is something about a warm bowl of freshly made applesauce with seasonal apples! No store-bought jar of applesauce can rival the taste of texture of homemade applesauce.
Instant Pot Applesauce
Traditionally, my recipe for homemade applesauce, was reserved for only a couple times a year. While it is not a hard process to make applesauce on the stove, it is a little bit time consuming.
Thanks to the pressure cooker, I can have perfect homemade applesauce in 30 minutes from the time I begin chopping apples to the time I am digging a spoon in a bowl of the naturally sweetened applesauce.
And by purchasing a large 5 pound bag of apples from BJs, I am able to make 2 batches of homemade applesauce that my family will enjoy!
How to Make Homemade Applesauce
Step One: Prepare your Apples
- Wash and dry your apples.
- Remove core from apple–I simply, cut around the core, but you can use an apple corer if you’d like.
- Cut apple into 2-inch chunks.
I leave the skin-on for homemade applesauce for several reasons.
- The apple skin provides fiber and added nutrients.
- The pressure cooker cooks the apple skin so well, the skin blends into the applesauce perfectly.
- It makes making homemade applesauce EASIER!
Step Two: Pressure Cook Apples
- Place apples in inner pot of Pressure Cooker.
- Pour in 1 cup apple juice or apple cider over apples.
- Close lid on pressure cooker and seal vent knob.
- Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
I use 100% apple juice as my cooking liquid because it adds natural sweetness to this applesauce, feel free to use water or cider instead.
Step Three: Mash or Blend Apples into Applesauce
- Once cook time has elapsed on Applesauce, do a quick release of pressure.
- Either mash applesauce with potato masher, immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor to blend into smooth.
How to Make Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce
I love both plain applesauce and cinnamon applesauce.
To make cinnamon applesauce, stir in 1-3 teaspoons ground cinnamon AFTER applesauce is ready. Start by mixing in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and tasting to determine if you need to add more.
How to Store Instant Pot Applesauce
In the Refrigerator:
- Store Applesauce in glass jar, or clean plastic container.
- Homemade Apple Sauce will last 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
To Freeze Homemade Applesauce:
- Allow homemade applesauce to cool completely.
- Place in freezer safe bags or containers and fill 2/3 of the way full.
- Freeze until solid.
- Homemade Applesauce lasts for 4-6 months in freezer.
What Apples are Best for Homemade Applesauce
When making Applesauce with No Sugar Added, you want to be sure to select apples that are both sweet and firm.
Apples perfect for No Sugar Added Applesauce:
- Golden Delicious
More Apple Recipes
- Chili Lime Pan Seared Tilapia with Apple Salsa
- Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
- Spiced Apple Bread (Whole Wheat, Low-Fat)
- Slow Cooker Apple Pork Roast
Don’t forget to join BJ’s Refer a Friend Program–for every person that joins using your link, you will earn a $25 gift card! Gotta love when it pays to share a good deal with your friends!
Pressure Cooker Applesauce Recipe
Instant Pot Applesauce
An easy recipe for no sugar added homemade applesauce made in 30 minutes in pressure cooker.
Wash and dry your apples. Remove core from apple--I simply, cut around the core, but you can use an apple corer if you'd like. Cut apple into 2 inch chunks.
Place apples in inner pot of Pressure Cooker. Pour in 1 cup apple juice or apple cider over apples.
Close lid on pressure cooker and seal vent knob. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
Once cook time has elapsed on Applesauce, do a quick release of pressure. (Place a towel over knob and knock with a wooden spoon to protect yourself and your kitchen from the steam.)
Either mash applesauce with potato masher, immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor to blend into smooth.
- Golden Delicious, Ambrosia, Fuji or Honeycrisp apples are all good options for homemade applesauce.
- If you prefer thicker applesauce, only use 1/2 cup apple juice or water. The apples will give off plenty of liquid you don't need to worry about not having enough liquid in your pressure cooker.
- To make cinnamon applesauce, stir in 1-3 teaspoons ground cinnamon AFTER applesauce is ready. Start by mixing in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and tasting to determine if you need to add more.
To Make Instant Pot Applesauce, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!