Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Skillet is a one pan chicken dinner. This chicken skillet dinner is brimming with flavor from garlic, white wine, fresh thyme, spinach, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
Just like you, I am always in need of easy meals that not my family will eat and enjoy.
This elevated chicken and rice skillet, fits the bill!
Easy Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Skillet
Mediterranean Chicken and Rice is a full meal made in one pan, full of incredible flavor, and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Simple chicken and rice becomes elevated with white wine, grape tomatoes, fresh thyme, and feta. This is one skillet meal that is truly restaurant quality and when paired with a nice bottle of wine, it becomes a stand-out dinner worthy of company.
How to Make Chicken and Rice Skillet
Step One: Saute Chicken
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in olive oil and heat.
- Add chicken to heated skillet and sear chicken on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
Step Two: Deglaze Pan
- Add in wine (or stock) and scrape off any browned bits of on bottom of skillet.
- Add in garlic, thyme leaves, and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Step Three: Simmer Rice
- To the skillet add in the stock and rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Simmer rice and chicken until rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
Step Four: Serve Chicken and Rice
- Remove thyme leaves from skillet.
- Serve chicken and rice over a bed or spinach.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and an additional drizzle of olive oil.
Notes on Mediterranean Chicken and Rice
- Feel free to substitute white rice for brown rice, just be sure to use a quick-cooking rice for this meal to be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs work as well as chicken breasts.
- If you do not drink/cook with alcohol, just use additional stock.
- For the best flavor, use fresh thyme leaves, but 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme will work in a pinch.
More 30 Minute One Pot Meals
- 30 Minute Baked Potato Soup
- Mexican Chicken Skillet
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops
- Stir-Fried Chicken and Bok Choy
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Skillet
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional chicken stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup quick cook brown rice
- 6 ounces spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat the oil in large skillet that has lid over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown chicken on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Deglaze pan with white wine, stirring up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add in garlic and tomatoes, saute for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken stock, thyme, tomatoes, and brown rice to pan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- To serve chicken and rice, spread spinach out in a large serving bowl or platter and top with rice and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with feta and an additional drizzle of olive oil.