Simple, wholesome ingredients come together to create a healthy snack bar that tastes just like Apple Pie in ONLY 5 minutes. These Copycat Apple Pie Larabars are not only easy to make, but they are gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and dairy-free–but most importantly, they are a healthy treat kids ADORE!
Okay, the beach, grandparents, and Disney World TOTALLY top any homemade snack, even Drumstick Ice Cream Cones, but you get the idea.
One of their favorite treats are Apple Pie Larabars.
Filled with sweet cinnamon and apple flavor, these bars are gluten-free, naturally-sweetened, and full of healthy fat and protein thanks to almonds and walnuts. The best part though has to be the 5 minute-prep.
It is as easy as whirling a few ingredients in your food processor, pressing into a pan, and DONE!!!
Guaranteed to be a hit.
A Few Notes on Copycat Apple Pie Larabars
- Be sure to use pitted dates and whole dates. Chopped dates are coated in sugar to keep them from sticking together.
- I used raw nuts but of course toasted nuts work as well.
- Speaking of nuts, you can use ANY nuts you like. I choose almonds for their taste and walnuts because they go perfectly with the whole apple pie flavor!
- Sometimes finding unsweetened dried apples can be a challenge (you have to watch for that sneaky added sugar!) I always have luck at Trader Joes but Amazon has them as well–ironically enough they are from Trader Joes!
- Be sure to use DRIED apples NOT freeze-dried apples. The texture will not work in these bars.
- What if you can’t find dried apples? Use 1/2 cup applesauce and only 1 cup dates.
Apple Pie Larabars
- 1 1/2 cups pitted whole dates*
- 1 cup unsweetened dried apples
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak Dates in hot water for 5 minutes if dried out for easier blending.--not necessary if dates are fresh and soft.
- Place all ingredients in food processor until just combined and ingredients come together.
- Press into a parchment lined 9x11 pan.
- You can slice up immediately, or refrigerate for 30 minutes for firmer bars.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.