2 Ingredient Homemade Gogurts: Plain yogurt is blended up with mixed berries and then filled in tubes for a cheaper and healthier version of the store bought yogurt tubes.
Raise your hand if you would rather grocery shop without your kids in tow?
Just what I thought! Every single one of your hands is raised, isn’t it?! Yes, grocery shopping with kids can be distracting at best and a downright nightmare at worst. There is the constant begging and touching and chasing that sometimes it is a miracle you get anything off your grocery list!
And while my kids are past the tantrum phase and I don’t have to chase them down the isles., they still ask for things. A LOT of things.
So what is my response? I tell them to look at the ingredients. Often times, they put it back on the shelf without another word to me. Or I hear, “Geez, why do they have to put so much extra stuff in our food.”
Sigh. I feel the same way.
One request I had from my kids when they starting taking lunches to school, were for Gogurts. You know the little tubes of yogurt. That sounds good in theory, but those tubes are often filled with excess sugar and sometimes even food coloring.
Unless you make your own.
You only need 2 simple ingredients to make your own tubes of yogurt.
- Plain Yogurt (Greek or regular)
Place the two together in the blender, and zip zap you have Homemade Gogurts–that is not only HEALTHIER, but cheaper as well.
Freezing Yogurt Tubes
I like to freeze my yogurt in tubes so that I can pull one out and pack lunches for my kids.
- Freeze prepared yogurt tubes.
- Pop one in a lunch box in the morning and by lunch they are defrosted and ready to eat.
Options for Homemade Gogurts
The options for homemade Gogurts are endless.
Start with 2 cups plain yogurt and add in 1 cup of the following (in any combination)
- spinach (with berries)
More Homemade Kid Friendly Treats
- Easy Homemade Fruit Roll Ups
- DIY Drumstick Ice Cream Cones
- Homemade Larabars
- Gluten Free No Bake Granola Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Homemade Fruit Yogurt Recipe
2 Ingredient Homemade Gogurts
- 2 cups plain yogurt non-fat or whole milk
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Blend together and pour into freezer tubes.
- Store in freezer for 3 months. Pop one out to place in lunchboxes in morning and it will be defrosted by lunchtime.
- Alternatively, you can store in fridge for 5-7 days and eat whenever.
TO MAKE INSTANT POT YOGURT YOU MAY NEED
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!