This Cherry Smoothie is made with yogurt, frozen cherries, bananas, and milk. It is a rich, creamy, simple smoothie that is bursting with flavor thanks to the sweet cherries.
This Cherry Smoothie is high on the list of my all-time favorite smoothie recipes. The combination of cherries, bananas, and yogurt creates a naturally sweet, perfectly creamy smoothie that is full of cherry flavor and is downright delicious.
This Cherry Smoothie is also full of protein, calcium, and nutrients, making this smoothie a wholesome option that is suited for a quick breakfast on the go or as a post-workout snack.
Notes Ingredients Needed
- Cherries: You can use fresh or frozen cherries to make this delicious Cherry Smoothie. However, using frozen cherries makes this smoothie incredibly easy to prepare year-round.
- Yogurt: You can use plain or vanilla yogurt for this smoothie. Personally, I recommend using plain, Greek yogurt for a thicker smoothie without any added refined sugars.
- Banana: Bananas and cherries pair really well together and the addition of banana helps to naturally sweeten the smoothie. Be sure to use a ripe or slightly overripe banana for the most sweetness.
- Milk: Use any variety of milk or non-dairy milk you like when making this smoothie. I will point out that cherries pair well with almonds, so almond milk is a perfect choice for this smoothie.
- Ground Flaxseed: I love adding flaxseed to smoothies, as it adds fiber, nutrients, and omega-fatty acids.
- Vanilla Extract: I love adding in a tiny bit of vanilla extract to add flavor to the smoothie, but this is totally optional.
- Sweetener: I find this smoothie to be plenty sweet without the addition of any sweetener, but if you like your smoothies on the sweeter side, add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup to taste.
How to Make a Cherry Smoothie
- Start by adding the milk to your blender. You want to place the milk in the blender first, as this allows the blades to be able to move around freely and not get stuck on the fruit.
- Layer the yogurt, flaxseed, cherries, and sliced banana over the milk.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Dairy-Free Cherry Smoothie: Use almond milk and non-dairy plain yogurt.
- Cherry Smoothie with Fresh Cherries: Be sure to pit your cherries before adding them to the blender. Since the berries are fresh, it is best to use frozen banana chunks to give the smoothie a nice thick, frosty texture.
- Cherry Almond Smoothie: Use almond milk as your milk of choice, add ⅛ teaspoon of almond extract, and omit the vanilla extract.
More Smoothie Recipes
If you enjoyed this Cherry Smoothie, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
- ½ cup milk any variety
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pitted dark cherries frozen
- 1 ripe banana in large chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed optional
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup optional
- Place milk into a blender. Add in yogurt, flaxseed if using, honey, and cherries in that order. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle the granola over the smoothie. Serve immediately.