This 5-Minute Dill Dip Recipe is a creamy, flavorful dip perfect for veggies, crackers, bread, or potato chips.
Made with mayonnaise, sour cream, and a simple dill seasoning blend, this creamy, herbaceous dip pairs perfectly with raw vegetables, chunks of bread, or crackers and takes only minutes to prepare!
And while I adore each and every one of my family's cherished recipes, this herby, creamy Dill Dip is one of my personal all-time favorite recipes. I look forward to it more than brownies and if you know me and my obsession with chocolate, that is saying something!
Notes On Ingredients
Dill Dip is made with a combination of spices, sour cream, and mayonnaise--likely ingredients you have on hand at all times.
- Dill Seasoning: I always keep this homemade seasoning blend in my spice cabinet to quickly whip up this dip. It is made with dried dill, dried parsley, onion flakes, and kosher salt and creates the perfect combination of flavors for this dip.
- Mayonnaise: For the best results and flavor, use full-fat or reduced-fat mayo, not fat-free mayo or Miracle Whip. To lighten up this recipe for dill dip, I recommend using plain Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise.
- Sour Cream: Use full-fat or reduced-fat, not fat-free for the best flavor and texture.
How To Make Dill Dip
Homemade Dill Dip is truly one of the easiest dips, actually recipes, to make.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and spices together. Easy-peasy!
- While you can enjoy dill dip immediately, the flavors are best if you allow the dip time to chill. I recommend, covering and refrigerating the prepared dill dip for 60 minutes prior to serving.
How to Store & Serve Dill Dip
Dill Dip can be served in numerous ways. I love pairing it with fresh vegetables. But it is also the perfect accompaniment to potato chips, pumpernickel bread, crackers, or even served alongside Homemade Fish Sticks.
Dill Dip will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. After that, the dip begins to become a bit watered down.
More Delicious Dip Recipes
If you tried this Homemade Dill Dip Recipe, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or seasoned salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and spices together until evenly combined.
- For the best flavor, cover and refrigerate the dip for 60 minutes before serving. Then serve with vegetables, crackers, chips, etc.