Is it hot where you are at? It is scorching here in the south! We have hit nearly 100 degrees for several days in a row. And with this heat, we need refreshing drinks, treats, and meals. My kids, heck even my dog, are desperate for something to cool them down after being outside in this heat.
How about a popscicle that tastes like beloved Apple Crisp, is full of protein, and only sweetened with maple syrup? Sounds good doesn’t it?! I guarantee this Apple Crisp Popsicles are the perfect, healthier way to cool down and are even safe enough for your dogs to eat. Bailey had no complaints!!
These Apple Crisp Popsicles taste just like old fashioned apple crisp a la mode-except they are a perfectly healthy treat. They are made from apple sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, toasted granola, and Greek yogurt. They are not only a tasty way to re-hydrate, they also pack a dose of protein from Greek yogurt–a sure fire way to keep active children’s appetite satisfied.
- 12 small miniture plastic cups (4 ounce size)
- 12 wooden craft sticks
- 1 cup Mott's® Apple Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup gluten free granola (I used my homemade granola--but any honey flavored granola would work)
- Blend yogurt, applesauce, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg together until well blended.
- On bottom of each cup, cover with 1 teaspoon granola. Spoon out 1 tablespoon applesauce mixture and top with additional teaspoon of granola. Top granola with one more layer of applesauce mixture and final teaspoon of granola.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes. Add in wooden stick to each cup and freeze until solid--about 4 hours.
- To remove from cups, dip each cup into hot water for a few seconds. They should remove easily then.
I used this granola for this recipe.