This recipe for Cream Cheese Apple Dip is made with just 5 ingredients to create a creamy, luscious dip that has notes of caramel and maple. It is a simple recipe that pairs perfectly with apples but is also fabulous served with assorted fruits, pretzels, and graham crackers.
This recipe for Cream Cheese Apple Dip has been given a bit of a healthier make-over. Instead of being made with refined sugar, this apple dip recipe is sweetened with maple syrup. The maple syrup adds a rich, sweet flavor that is reminiscent of caramel--without the refined sugar.
It is an irresistible, creamy dip that you can feel a bit more good about eating by the spoonfuls. Trust me, you will certainly be scooping up the dip with not just apples, but by the spoonful! It is unbelievably delicious.
Ingredients in Apple Dip
- Cream Cheese: Use full fat or Neufchatel (reduced fat) cream cheese. Fat-free cream cheese is not recommended for this recipe. It is essential that the cream cheese is at room temperature to blend into the dip easily.
- Plain Yogurt: I like adding plain Greek yogurt to the base of the dip in addition to the cream cheese. It adds a bit of tangy and additional creaminess to the dip.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup replaces the brown sugar traditionally found in apple dip, for a healthier spin made without refined sugar.
- Vanilla Extract: Be sure it is pure vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Nuts/Chocolate/Toffee: While totally optional, this apple dip is fabulous when topped with chopped walnut, peanuts, chocolate, or toffee bits. It adds texture, flavor, and a bit of sweetness.
How to make Apple Dip
It is only a matter of minutes needed to mix together this Apple Dip, but it can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance, making it a perfect make-ahead recipe for a party or gathering.
Keep in mind there is ONE thing you MUST do before preparing this recipe. You must ensure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing together the apple dip. That will ensure your dip is smooth and creamy. Plan to leave your cream cheese out for 1-2 hours at room temperature before preparing this recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Using a handheld mixer, make sure to mix until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before serving, this allows the dip's flavors to meld together as the dip chills.
- Remove apple dip from the refrigerator and top with toffee bits, chopped nuts, or chopped chocolate.
- Serve Cream Cheese Apple Dip with apples, graham crackers, or pretzels.
Tip for Preparing Apples for Dipping
You can use any variety of apples you like for this dip, but I have a tip that will help keep the apple slices from browning.
Instead of soaking apple slices in lemon juice, which can give the apples an overwhelming tartness, I recommend soaking the apple slices in pineapple juice. The pineapple juice's ascorbic acid will help keep the apples from browning without adding a tart flavor to the apples.
Simply cover the apple slices with pineapple juice and let the slices sit in pineapple juice for 20 minutes and then drain the juice off from the apples and serve immediately.
More Party Dip Recipes
If you gave this Apple Dip a try, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
Cream Cheese Apple Dip
- 1 package of Cream Cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓-1/2 cup maple syrup adjust based on desired sweetness
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped nuts optional
- ¼ cup chocolate chips optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined using a handheld mixer.
- Cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 30 minutes to let flavors combine together.
- Before serving, top chocolate and nuts if desired. Serve with apples, crackers, pretzels, and assorted fruit.