Spiced Apple Cinnamon Bread is a recipe for an amazing apple quick bread that is made from scratch with whole wheat flour, maple syrup, and filled with apples, and warming spices. A slice of this low-fat, whole wheat apple bread is just what your breakfast needs!
There is nothing like a warm loaf of bread baking.
A quick bread can be whipped up in a matter of minutes and then immediately baked with no rising period to account for, making quick bread the EASIEST bread recipe to pull off.
So in celebration of all things fall, I decided to whip up a Spiced Apple Bread.
Oh, the smell that happens when this apple bread is baking is reason enough to drop what you are doing and make this recipe now. My house was filled with the essence fall like cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple wafted through the air. My mouth watered during the entire baking process.
Paired, with a cup of mulled apple cider, this cinnamon apple bread is perfect for celebrating fall or just to and curl up on the couch with a blanket and a book–now, doesn’t that sound like a perfect afternoon?!
How to Make One Bowl Apple Quick Bread
Step One: Whisk together the dry ingredients
- Throw the dry ingredients and spices into the bowl and whisk together.
- Do yourself a favor–grate your nutmeg fresh! The stuff that is pre-grated–yuck!! But when you grate it fresh it is so much better!
Step Two: Add in Apples
- Toss your apple in with the dry ingredients so that the apples will be coated with flour and not sink to the bottom of your loaf pan–so every bite will be as delicious as the last.
Step Three: Add in Wet Ingredients
- Add in wet ingredients.
This is not a mistake, there is NO OIL in this apple quick bread, making this recipe low-fat. The applesauce, apple cider, and milk keep this bread light and fluffy and so incredibly moist, that the slices almost need to be eaten with a fork.
Step Four: Bake the Apple Bread
- Bake the apple bread until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Inhale the fresh apples and cinnamon as it wafts through the air.
There it is. Just what you have been waiting for.
Warm bread, cooling and filling your house with the subtle scent of cinnamon and apples.
Tips on Apple Quick Bread:
- I used whole wheat, but all-purpose flour will work.
- Be sure to thoroughly mix your dry ingredients together so that you don’t bite into a chunk of baking soda–YUCK!
- Any variety of apples will work, but I like gala or granny smith apples the best for this recipe.
- If you don’t have apple cider, use apple juice.
- If you want to keep this Apple Bread dairy-free, use almond milk or additional juice or cider.
- Be sure to use 100% Maple Syrup not Imitation Maple Syrup for the sweetener in this Apple Bread.
- Try to resist–it will be hard, but to keep that loaf intact, you must let it cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Store Whole Wheat Apple Bread in the refrigerator once completely cooled. It is so moist, it would mold if left at room temperature for more than one day.
More Quick Bread and Muffin Recipes
- Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped apples any variety will work
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices together. Add apples and toss to coat apples in dry ingredients (this helps prevent apples from sinking to bottom of pan).
- In a large mixing glass, whisk together wet ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and fold together until just combined.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until butter knife inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool apple bread in pan on cooling rack for 20 minutes before removing from pan.