This is the BEST Pork Roast recipe every! Pork loin that has been coated in a savory dry rub and stuffed with apples, is braised all day in the slow cooker with a tangy and sharp mustard and cider sauce. This Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast will become a family favorite in no time!
Pork Loins have to be one of my favorite cuts of meat.
When braised low and slow in the crock pot or quickly cooked in the Instant Pot, pork roasts become tender, juicy, and easily absorb the flavor they are cooked in.
Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast
Apples and pork are a match made in heaven–for real, it is true. When you toss mustard into the mix–well, taste buds are blown!
Seriously, just 3 simple ingredients create this easy crock pot pork loin recipe that is fail-proof (and happens to be Paleo and Gluten-Free) as well.
Star Ingredients in Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- Apple Cider
- use fresh cider or hard cider
- I prefer a grainy Dijon but any mustard you have on hand will work
- Pork Loin Roast
- for this recipe a boneless pork loin roast is best, but of course you can use a bone-in pork loin roast if that is all you can find or have on hand.
How to Make Crock Pot Pork Loin
- Cut 6-8 three inch slits in pork roast.
- In each slit, place an apple slice.
- Combine spices and rub all over pork.
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Add remaining apple slices and onion slices to slow cooker.
- Mix together apple cider with seasonings and mustard and pour in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or 8-10 hours on low.
This slow cooker pork roast with apples is one of the EASIEST, most flavorful meals you will ever make, and if your family is like mine–they will be begging for it again and again.
Notes on Crock Pot Pork Loin with Apples:
- I use a pork loin roast because it is lean and tender. A pork tenderloin or pork butt can be substituted. I would only cook the pork tenderloin for 6 hours on high and the pork butt can be cooked up to 10 hours on low in your slow cooker.
- Any variety of apples can be used, or you can omit the apples from the cooking process. I like to slice up raw apples to serve as well for variety in textures.
- If you don’t have apple cider or hard cider on hand, use Apple Juice or Chicken Stock.
- I recommend serving this pork with my Hasselback Sweet Potatoes—they pair beautifully with this pork dish and are super easy themselves. But classic mashed potatoes work as well. Even honey roasted carrots from Real Housemom’s would pair beautifully with this slow cooker pork dish.
- This Apple Pork Roast is great leftover on sandwiches–or even as Pork Loin Sandwiches with Brussel Sprout Slaw.
Pork Loin Recipes
- Crock Pot Pork and Sauerkraut
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
An easy dump and forget about it crock pot pork loin roast recipe that creates intense flavor with minimal ingredients.
- 3 pound pork loin roast
- 1 apple any variety--I used a Gala, sliced
- 1 onion quartered
- 12 ounces hard apple cider or regular apple cider
- 1/4 cup Dijion mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onioin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Cut 6-8 3 inch slits in pork roast. In each slit, place an apple slice. Combine spices and rub all over pork.
Place pork in slow cooker. Around pork roast, lie the remaining apple slices and onions.
Mix together the mustard and cider and pour into slow cooker.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours.
To serve: remove pork from slow cooker. Strain out onions and apple from broth and shred or slice pork and serve with strained braising liquid.
- You can easily make this Apple and Mustard Pork Loin in the Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot. Place all ingredients in Instant Pot and set to sealed and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes (70 is your pork is frozen–I know I have made it from frozen before!)
To Make Slow Cooker Apple Pork Loin You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!