Eggs Benedict with Avocado Hollandaise makes a delicious Tex-Mex spin on classic Eggs Benedict. A perfectly poached egg sits upon spicy refried beans on a toasted muffin and then finished with a creamy Avocado Hollandaise.
Tex-Mex Eggs Benedict
This recipe for Tex-Mex Eggs Benedict is a breakfast game changer.
A classic Eggs Benedict is brightened up and given a Mexican spin for one delicious breakfast recipe.
A toasted muffin is topped with spiced refried beans and poached egg. And instead of a heavy hollandaise sauce, this Eggs Benedict recipe is finished with a fresh avocado sauce and sharp feta cheese.
Oh my word!! So bright, so creamy, so tasty! SO GOOD!
Step One: Poach Eggs
- I prefer to poach my eggs in the oven, as it is easy to make a large batch of perfectly poached eggs this way.
- If you prefer traditional poached eggs, check out this tutorial for stove-top poached eggs.
Step Two: Toast English Muffins
- While the eggs are poaching, lightly toast the English Muffins in the oven. You can toast your muffins in the toaster as well, but the oven is a fast way to toast a bunch at a time!
Step Three: Prepare the Avocado Hollandaise
- In a blender or food processor, process the avocados, Greek yogurt, cilantro, salt, and zest and juice of the lime until smooth.
Step Four: Assemble
- Mix together the canned or homemade refried beans with chili powder and cumin powder.
- Spread the refried beans mixture on each of the English Muffin halves.
- Return to the oven to warm the bean mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Top each English muffin half with a poached egg.
- Drizzle with the avocado hollandaise, sprinkle with feta cheese and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Ham and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Oats
- Asparagus Frittata
If you enjoyed this spin on Eggs Benedict, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
Tex-Mex Eggs Benedict with Avocado Hollandaise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Add one tablespoon water to each muffin cup. Crack each egg into the muffin cups. Bake for 13 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, lay out the 6 English muffins, seperated into halves. Toast in oven for 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the refried beans with the chili powder and cumin powder. Spread on the toasted muffin halves and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until beans are warmed.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the 2 seeded and peeled avocados, Greek yogurt, cilantro, salt, and zest and juice of the lime until smooth.
- To serve: Lay an egg on top of each muffin that has been topped with the refried beans. Sprinkle with a bit of feta cheese. Drizzle with the avocado hollandaise and serve.