This Asparagus Frittata is a perfect light option for brunch or breakfast. Fresh spring vegetables are sauteed with bacon and then baked with cheesy eggs for a hearty, healthy Asparagus Frittata.
When serving a crowd for breakfast, a frittata is the way to go!
What makes a Frittata a perfect item to serve for brunch?
- A frittata is easy.
- A frittata can be adapted to use whatever you have on hand.
- A frittata is gluten-free, perfect for any food allergies or sensitivities.
- A frittata can be made vegetarian and dairy free as well.
- Did I mention EASY?
I love frittata’s just about any way. But this Asparagus Frittata is a perfect for spring.
Crisp tender asparagus and broccoli are sauteed with a bit of bacon for a rich, smokey base. And then baked up with fluffy, creamy eggs, for a delightful gluten-free frittata.
How to Make Asparagus Frittata
Step 1: Saute the veggies.
- In a large oven safe skillet or cast iron skillet, saute bacon, until crisp tender.
- Remove bacon from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain all but 1/2 tablespoon bacon grease.
- Add in broccoli, asparagus, and sweet onions.
Step 2: Add the eggs.
- Mix eggs with spices and dairy of choice.
- Stir in your favorite cheese (or leave cheese out if desired) and pour into skillet.
Step 3: Bake Frittata
- Place frittata into the oven to bake until eggs are set up.
Modifications for this Spring Vegetable Frittata
- If you would like to make this Asparagus Frittata without bacon, use 1/2 tablespoon olive oil instead of bacon fat.
- If you need this frittata to be vegan, omit bacon, cheese, and use non-dairy milk. It will still be delicious.
- Use any cheese you like for the frittata, but I love to use sharp Parmesan or tangy Feta, as they both compliment asparagus well.
- I love the combination of asparagus and broccoli together, but feel free to use all asparagus or all broccoli.
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Hash
- Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- The Best Classic Quiche Recipe
- Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Gluten Free Savory Asparagus Tart from Fearless Dining
Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- 3 strips thick nitrate free bacon chopped
- 1 cup steamed broccoli chopped
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Saute the bacon over medium heat in an oven proof skillet to render out the fat. Remove the bacon from the skillet and add the asparagus and broccoli into the rendered fat. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon back into the skillet and then pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake fro 20 minutes until the eggs are set and the top is browned.
- If you would like an even crispier crust (as I do) broil for 2-3 minutes.