Watermelon Sangria is a refreshing summer cocktail made with fresh watermelon, lime juice, and white wine! This Summer Sangria recipe is perfect to entertain with!
Have you ever bought a watermelon too large for your family to eat?
Or maybe you purchased one that was just not as sweet as you hoped for?
Well, I have been there many, many times. And you all know that I REFUSE to waste food.
So just what can you do with excess watermelon?
Make Watermelon Sangria.
Watermelon Sangria is a delicious summer cocktail made with fresh watermelon juice, fresh lime juice and dry white wine. It is refreshing, crisp, light, and bursting with watermelon flavor.
This sangria recipe is a perfect way to use up leftover watermelon, and the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day!
Paired with some watermelon stars and fresh blueberries, and this summer sangria makes the perfect drink for your patriotic celebrations!
- Fresh Watermelon
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Dry White Wine— like Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, or a dry Riesling
- Triple Sec–for additional notes of citrus
- Seltzer Water—optional, but makes this Sangria lighter in alcohol and bubbly
How to Make Watermelon Sangrias
Step One: Prepare Watermelon Juice
- Cut up watermelon into cubes–get the tips on how to cube a watermelon here.
- Place the cubed watermelon into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain the watermelon juice over a fine mesh strainer.
Step Two: Prepare Sangrias
- To a large pitcher, add fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, triple sec and white wine.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Step Three: Serve
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Stir watermelon mixture and then fill the glass 2/3rds of the way full with the mixture.
- Top off with chilled seltzer water.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and watermelon star cut outs if desired. (Make watermelon stars by simply using a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out stars from watermelon slices.)
More Fun Fruity Drink Recipes
- 7 cups fresh watermelon diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1/4 cup triple sec optional
- 1 liter plain seltzer water optional
- 1 pint blueberries optional
- Blend 7 cups of watermelon until smooth. Strain through mesh strainer to remove any seeds or pulp.
- Add fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, triple sec and white wine to large pitcher. Stir to incorporate.
- Chill for 2-4 hours.
- Before serving, stir again. Fill a glass with ice. Pour in the watermelon mixture until the glass is 2/3rds of the way full. Top off the glass with chilled seltzer water.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and watermelon stars if desired.
- Use a dry white wine like Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, or Dry Riesling
- Best to serve after 2-4 hours of refrigeration.
- Watermelon Sangria will keep for 3 days in refrigerator.
- The seltzer water adds a nice effervescence to this Sangria, but feel to omit.
- Triple sec adds incredible depth of flavor, but can be omitted in a pinch.