A Bellini Cocktail is a sweet, yet crisp cocktail that is incredibly simple to prepare with a jaw-dropping presentation.
Whether toasting to the new year, relaxing on a lazy summer evening, or entertaining for brunch, a Bellini is a perfect accompaniment.
What is a Bellini Cocktail?
A Bellini is an Italian cocktail that is made with peach puree and prosecco.
This incredibly simple cocktail is one of my all-time favorites! Not only is it incredibly easy to prepare, but a Bellini Cocktail also tastes divine!
The fresh peach puree adds just the right amount of sweetness to the drink, balancing out the crispness of the prosecco. But it also adds a creamy, slightly thick consistency to the cocktail, which results in a luxurious mouthfeel.
This classic Italian cocktail is often reserved for holiday celebrations, but as this recipe comes together so effortlessly, I believe it is worthy to be enjoyed year-round!
A Bellini is made with prosecco and peach puree. I have seen recipes using peach nectar, but for the BEST version of this cocktail, the homemade peach puree is the way to go! Not only will it add the ultimate peach flavor and rich texture to your Bellini, but it also is pretty easy to make.
- Peach Puree: For the peach puree technically you will need peaches, lemon juice, and sugar. In the summer months, when peaches are in season, I recommend using fresh ripe, Eastern peaches. Otherwise, frozen peach slices work beautifully.
- Prosecco: Because bellinis are an Italian cocktail, they are classically made with prosecco instead of champagne. The difference between the two sparkling wines is subtle, and therefore feel free to interchange if desired.
How to Make Peach Puree
The peach puree comes together super quickly and can be made up to 5 days in advance, which is perfect for entertaining purposes.
- If using fresh peaches, peel the peaches, remove the pit, and slice them into thick slices.
- Place the fresh peach slices, or defrosted frozen peach slices into a blender or food processor fitted with an s-blade.
- In a small bowl, combine hot water with sugar and whisk until dissolved, to form a simple syrup. You want your sugar to be fully dissolved so that your peach puree will not be gritty. If needed, heat for 10-15 seconds in the microwave to help the sugar dissolve.
- Add the sugar mixture and fresh lemon juice to the blender and blend until smooth.
- It is absolutely CRUCIAL to strain the puree. That way any solids will be discarded and the bellini will be smooth and creamy. No one wants lumps in a cocktail!
- Once prepared, refrigerate the puree until chilled.
How to Make a Bellini Cocktail
Once your peach puree is made, this cocktail couldn't be any easier to prepare!
- Place 2 tablespoons of the peach puree into a champagne flute.
- Top with chilled prosecco.
- Gently stir to combine and serve immediately.
This classic Italian cocktail is often reserved for holiday celebrations, but this easy bellini recipe comes together so effortlessly, I believe it is worthy to enjoy year-round and is especially delightful when made with fresh peaches.
- Serve Bellini Cocktails in place of mimosas at brunch. They are delicious when paired with a Breakfast Casserole, Quiche, or French Toast Casserole.
- Add Bellinis to your cocktail party menu, alongside Antipasto Skewers, Bacon Wrapped Dates, and Bruschetta.
- Serve Bellinis with Shrimp Scampi Pasta or Chicken Piccata for a delightful meal.
More Cocktail Recipes
If you enjoyed this simple recipe for a Bellini Cocktail, I would love for you to leave a review and comment below.
- 3 cups sliced peaches about 3-4 medium peaches
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (750ml) bottle prosecco sparkling wine chilled
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hot water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. If needed, microwave the mixture for 10-15 seconds to help the sugar fully dissolve.
- Wash and peel the fresh peaches, remove the pit, and slice or dice into large chunks.
- Combine the peaches, sugar water, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain this mixture over a large bowl, using a fine-mesh strainer to remove any solids. Refrigerate the puree until fully chilled, or up to 5 days.
- To assemble the cocktails, stir the peach puree and then add 2 tablespoons of the peach puree into a champagne glass. Top with chilled prosecco. Gently stir and then serve immediately.
This post was originally published in 2020 and updated in 2022.
I never knew how easy these are to make! My new cocktail for 2023!
This is definitely a crowd-pleaser! This bellini cocktail is beautifully served, everyone loves it! It's a tasty cocktail that anyone would want. Highly recommended!
I'm so glad I've seen this cocktail recipe before New Year's Eve celebration. It's a flavorful cocktail and an aesthetic display for our table setting.
This was delicious! I love anything peach so this is right up my alley! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Nothing beats peaches 🙂 Glad you enjoyed Noelle.
I made one of these last night after dinner and man oh man, was it delicious! Super refreshing and perfectly sweet!
Cheers to a great ending! I am happy to hear you enjoyed!
This is my new favorite cocktail, everyone at my book club just went crazy over it too.
Bellinis are one of my favorite cocktails too! And, since I just moved to Georgia and am enjoying my first peach season here, this version got its initial run. And we just couldn't get enough of them! I had the peach puree on a Prosecco bar with Grand Marnier and Chambord and it actually won the day. Now I have to make some more for just me. 🙂
Oh nothing beats Georgia Peaches Linda! Enjoy!