Pina Colada Smoothie: Rich coconut, fresh pineapple and orange juice and bananas create a creamy, all-natural version of a favorite cocktail. Coconut rum optional.
If I had to pick a recipe I was “famous” for it would be my Pina Colada Smoothie.
And no, it is not known on the blog or on pinterest. It is known by my friends and family–which can be my harshest critics.
I have to say, I agree. My version of a Pina Colada is better than ANY out there!! And trust me, my husband and I have traveled to the Caribbean and Mexico and tasted our fair share of Pina Coladas.
How to Make the BEST Pina Colada Smoothie
Nothing can compare to fresh, simple ingredients when it comes to making a pina colada.
Canned coconut milk (I prefer light in this recipe), orange juice, pineapple juice and frozen bananas. Simple perfection for a perfect pina colada.
Of course you can add a little coconut rum to this pina colada smoothie and make the adults smile a bit bigger, but it is just as tasty without the alcohol. Pinky promise.
Whether at a party, after a morning run, or on Taco night–this Pina Colada is a MUST. Trust me, you may just become known for this recipe as well.
Tips on making Pina Coladas at home:
- I use canned coconut milk for these pina coladas for a rich, pure taste. Light or full-fat works, but I do find that the lighter coconut milk blends easier into the smoothie.
- If you can’t find pineapple juice, take a tip from me and use the juice from canned pineapple (just be sure it is canned in 100% juice) and then have the pineapple chunks or slices on the side or in this Pineapple Cilantro rice.
- Frozen banana chunks give this smoothie a creamy, frozen texture, but fresh bananas work as well.
Let’s make Healthy Pina Coladas
Pina Colada Smoothie
A healthy pina colada made with wholesome ingredients.
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup coconut milk canned and I use Trader Joe’s light
- 2 frozen bananas broken into chunks for easier blending
Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.