Watermelon Salsa is a super fresh dip that pairs great with salty chips or as a topping for grilled meat. This fresh summer salsa is a great addition to your summer cook-outs!
Have you ever tried watermelon with salt before?
Growing up, I remember my grandparents and parents sprinkling salt on their watermelon slices. At first I thought this trend was disgusting, but after much coaxing, I gave it a try.
I was HOOKED.
Watermelon’s flavor is intensified with the addition of salt and seriously makes your tastes buds water for MORE.
Hence, why Watermelon Salsa paired with salty feta and corn chips is just so darn irresistible.
This super simple watermelon dip highlights the flavors of summer, while creating a beautiful dip that looks extremely festive served with blue corn chips of any kind. Not to mention, this watermelon dip is quick to throw together!
Ingredients for Watermelon Salsa
- Fresh Ripe Watermelon–Be sure to use a ripe watermelon for this easy Watermelon Salsa. You can tell if a watermelon is ripe by three things: it should feel heavy for its size, sound hollow when tapped, and have a yellow spot where the watermelon rested on the ground.
- Cucumber–peeled and seeded
- Cilantro–If you don’t like cilantro, feel free to use fresh mint instead. Mint and watermelon are a nice combo.
- Feta Cheese
- Lime Juice–be sure to use FRESH lime juice for the best flavor
- Chips for Serving
How To Make Watermelon Salsa
Step One: Prepare Watermelon & Cilantro
- Dice watermelon into 1/4 inch cubes, removing any seeds if needed.
- Peel and seed cucumber. Cut into 1/8 inch cubes or slices.
- Finely chop fresh cilantro (or mint).
Step Two: Prepare Salsa
- Toss watermelon, cilantro and lime juice together.
- Gently stir in crumbled feta cheese.
- Taste and season with salt as desired.
Step Three: Serve Watermelon Salsa
- Serve immediately with chips or use to top Black Bean or Chicken Tacos.
- This watermelon salsa is best served within a few hours of assembly. When entertaining, I pre-dice my watermelon, and cilantro and then right before the party, I mix all ingredients together.
- If your watermelon salsa gets watery, simply drain over a colander and then serve.
Red White and Blue Recipes
Watermelon Salsa is unexpected and delightful twist on classic salsa and when served with blue tortilla chips, it is a festive addition to your 4th of July Party.
- 3 cups watermelon diced into 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 seedless cucumber diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- juice of 1 lime or lemon in a pinch!
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta I like a lot, some people prefer just a touch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Chop up watermelon, cucumber and cilantro.
- Toss watermelon, cucumber, and cilantro with lime juice.
- Gently stir in feta cheese. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Serve immediately.