Gluten Free Cookie Cake: A gluten-free version of a cookie cake that tastes so good no one will know it is gluten-free.
**Be sure to scroll down to bottom of post for an amazing baking giveaway.
It really wasn’t until recent years that I heard about a cookie cake. I heard people mention them several times, but I just nodded and smiles, stumped because I had never seen one–yes, clearly I live in a hole. But seriously, what a GENIUS idea. Especially for this gal who is really not much of a cake person. Brownies? Yes. Ice cream? Yes. Cookies? Yes. Cake? Not so much. Cookie Cake? Well, yes please. I mean what is better than a giant chocolate chip cookie with icing? Because just so you know, it is the cake part I typically don’t like, the icing I have no issue with.
So enter a cookie cake. But not just any cookie cake, a gluten-free cookie cake. But not a gluten-free dessert that uses all sorts of fancy flours–one that is made with simple ingredients and tastes AMAZING!!!
Why did I make this Cookie Cake gluten-free? Well, years ago, my son and I were both gluten-free. And we went to many parties over that time that there were no dessert options for us. Not very fun for a 4-year-old boy or his mom’s sweet tooth!! So ever since that time, I always want to have gluten-free options for friends or company if needed–without having to buy special flours or mixes.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could always have an easy, tasty go-to gluten-free recipe for yourself or your gluten-free friends? I can promise you, it goes a long to way when you accommodate allergies–especially when there are children involved. I sure think so. And I think this needs to be your go to recipe!
- For the cake:
- 2 cups certified gluten free oats
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- For the Icing:
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 cups sifted powder sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oats in blender and blend until fairly smooth. Mix together with baking soda and set aside.
- Cream peanut butter, butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Stir in oats. Add in chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- In a 9 inch springform pan, or pizza pan, spread out dough evenly, leaving a ½ inch border around edges of pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until center is set.
- Allow to cool.
- For the frosting:
- Beat together the butter and peanut butter and add in powdered sugar slowly.Be sure your powdered sugar is sifted to prevent clumps in your icing. Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, to thin icing to desired consistency.
- Pipe out frosting along edges or to spell out Happy Birthday.
- You will have extra frosting--I recommend eating it with a spoon 🙂
And just like every birthday needs a cake AND presents, I have teamed up with some amazing bloggers to give away for a KitchenAid stand mixer in your choice of Green Apple, Ice, Aqua Sky, Cranberry, Metallic Chrome, or White. And a prize package from Rodelle Vanilla (vanilla extract, almond extract, baking cocoa) and a $100 gift card to Sweetapolita. Pretty sweet way to celebrate, huh?!!
Giveaway runs from July 18th 12:00 AM EST through August 17 12:00 AM ES 2016.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So be sure to enter the giveaway and check out all these fabulous gluten free cakes, cupcakes, and drinks to celebrate any day, the gluten free way.
Gluten Free Coconut Cake – What The Fork Food Blog
Gluten Free Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes – Gluten-Free Palate
Bourbon Tropical Peach Cocktail – Fearless Dining
Kir Royale Cocktails – The Heritage Cook
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes – My Gluten Free Miami
Gluten Free Cookie Cake – Flippin’ Delicious
Summer Beer – Vegetarian Mamma
The Best Gluten Free Cake – gfJules
Must Try Cocktails and Mocktails– Joyfully Mad
Gluten Free Cookie Cake – A Mind “Full” Mom
Strawberry Lychee Panna Cotta – Brunch-n-Bites
Cucumber Moscow Mule – The Culinary Compass
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting – Only Taste Matters
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes – Veggie Balance
Virgin Watermelon Margarita – Coffee With Us 3
Elderflower Mojito – Home & Plate
Summertime Lemon Cupcakes – For the Love of Food
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Stacks – Simply Healthy Family
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake – Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Watermelon Mint Gin Fizz – Frugal Foodie Mama
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake – Raia’s Recipes
Tequila Sunrise Cocktail – All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Grilled Spicy Pineapple Margarita – Lapetitchef
Gluten Free Fresh Apple Cake – My Gluten-free Kitchen