Gluten Free Cookie Cake: A gluten-free version of a cookie cake that tastes so good no one will know it is gluten-free.
**Be sure to scroll down to bottom of post for an amazing baking giveaway.
It really wasn’t until recent years that I heard about a cookie cake. I heard people mention them several times, but I just nodded and smiles, stumped because I had never seen one–yes, clearly I live in a hole. But seriously, what a GENIUS idea. Especially for this gal who is really not much of a cake person. Brownies? Yes. Ice cream? Yes. Cookies? Yes. Cake? Not so much. Cookie Cake? Well, yes please. I mean what is better than a giant chocolate chip cookie with icing? Because just so you know, it is the cake part I typically don’t like, the icing I have no issue with.
So enter a cookie cake. But not just any cookie cake, a gluten-free cookie cake. But not a gluten-free dessert that uses all sorts of fancy flours–one that is made with simple ingredients and tastes AMAZING!!!
Why did I make this Cookie Cake gluten-free? Well, years ago, my son and I were both gluten-free. And we went to many parties over that time that there were no dessert options for us. Not very fun for a 4-year-old boy or his mom’s sweet tooth!! So ever since that time, I always want to have gluten-free options for friends or company if needed–without having to buy special flours or mixes.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could always have an easy, tasty go-to gluten-free recipe for yourself or your gluten-free friends? I can promise you, it goes a long to way when you accommodate allergies–especially when there are children involved. I sure think so. And I think this needs to be your go to recipe.
- For the cake:
- 2 cups certified gluten free oats
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- For the Icing:
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 cups sifted powder sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oats in blender and blend until fairly smooth. Mix together with baking soda and set aside.
- Cream peanut butter, butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Stir in oats. Add in chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- In a 9 inch springform pan, or pizza pan, spread out dough evenly, leaving a ½ inch border around edges of pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until center is set.
- Allow to cool.
- For the frosting:
- Beat together the butter and peanut butter and add in powdered sugar slowly.Be sure your powdered sugar is sifted to prevent clumps in your icing. Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, to thin icing to desired consistency.
- Pipe out frosting along edges or to spell out Happy Birthday.
- You will have extra frosting--I recommend eating it with a spoon 🙂
Looking for more Gluten Free Recipes:
Gluten Free Coconut Cake – What The Fork Food Blog
Gluten Free Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes – Gluten-Free Palate
Bourbon Tropical Peach Cocktail – Fearless Dining
Kir Royale Cocktails – The Heritage Cook
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes – My Gluten Free Miami
Gluten Free Cookie Cake – Flippin’ Delicious
Summer Beer – Vegetarian Mamma
The Best Gluten Free Cake – gfJules
Must Try Cocktails and Mocktails– Joyfully Mad
Gluten Free Cookie Cake – A Mind “Full” Mom
Strawberry Lychee Panna Cotta – Brunch-n-Bites
Cucumber Moscow Mule – The Culinary Compass
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting – Only Taste Matters
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes – Veggie Balance
Virgin Watermelon Margarita – Coffee With Us 3
Elderflower Mojito – Home & Plate
Summertime Lemon Cupcakes – For the Love of Food
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Stacks – Simply Healthy Family
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake – Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Watermelon Mint Gin Fizz – Frugal Foodie Mama
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake – Raia’s Recipes
Tequila Sunrise Cocktail – All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Grilled Spicy Pineapple Margarita – Lapetitchef
Gluten Free Fresh Apple Cake – My Gluten-free Kitchen