This Easy Cream Cheese Taco Dip is easy to make and loved by everyone! This Hot Taco Dip is made with refried beans, a spiced cream cheese mixture, and fresh tomatoes and onions, this Mexican Dip truly is the BEST Taco Dip Ever!
If I was limited to serving one appetizer for every party, I would choose this Easy Taco Dip.
No one can resist a good creamy taco dip and this recipe is INCREDIBLY easy to make.
This Taco Dip has been in my family for years and everyone I have ever served it to devours it and begs for the recipe.
Thanks to a creamy, warm baked dip made from refried beans and cream cheese, and a fresh topping of tomatoes and onions, this simple Taco Dip is the perfect contrast of flavors and textures!
I am sharing with you TWO versions of this Taco Dip Recipe. A decadent version and a lightened up version. Both recipes for Taco Dip are delicious and no one will be able to tell if you cut out some of the fat and calories!
Ingredients for Taco Dip
- Refried Beans --use homemade refried beans or a can of your favorite fat free refried beans
- Cream Cheese--or sub this out for nonfat plain Greek yogurt for a healthier swap.
- Sour Cream--feel free to once again use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
- Taco Seasoning--Homemade Taco Seasoning is the way to go--cheap to make, no preservatives, MSG free, and gluten free.
- Cheddar Cheese--optional, you can omit for fewer calories and still have an amazing low fat Taco Dip!
- Topping: I use diced fresh tomatoes, onions, and cilantro to top this dip with, but you can also use fresh salsa if desired.
- Cilantro--Cilantro is optional!!! If you hate it, by all means, leave it out!
How to Make Creamy Taco Dip
- Spread refried beans into an 8x8 pan or a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese (or Greek Yogurt) with taco seasoning until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of beans.
- If desired, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted, and dip is warm and bubbly.
- Toss tomatoes, onions, and cilantro together.
- Top the warm dip with the tomato mixture and serve with tortilla chips.
Substitutions for Mexican Dip
- Feel free to leave out cilantro if you don't like it. If you do like cilantro, this fresh element really elevates this simple taco dip.
- If you don't want to chop onions and tomatoes, top the taco dip with salsa.
- If you want the dip lighter, but don't want to use Greek yogurt, make the decadent version minus the cheese. You truly don't need it or miss it at all!!
- For tomatoes, use seeded roma or vine-ripened tomatoes or halved grape tomatoes.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Antipasto Skewers
- Simple Greek Pinwheels
- Classic Cheese Ball from How to Feed a Loon
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Easy Taco Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread refried beans into a 8x8 pan or a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese with taco seasoning until well combined. Spread on top of beans.
- If using cheese, sprinkle cheese over the cream cheese layer.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted, and dip is warmed through.
- Toss tomatoes, onions and cilantro together. Top the warm dip with the tomato mixture and serve with tortilla chips.
- Feel free to use plain Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese and/or sour cream.
- If using yogurt and omit cheese, the calories per serving will be 80 calories and 0 grams fat.
- Serving is about ¼ cup.