This easy Taco Dip is easy to make and loved by everyone! Whether the decadent or lightened up version, this Mexican Dip is always the first thing to disappear at any party!
If I was limited to serving one appetizer for every party, I would choose this Easy Mexican Dip.
No one can resist a good creamy, taco dip and this recipe is INCREDIBLY easy to make.
The Most Amazing Taco Dip
This Taco Dip has been in my family for years and everyone I have ever served it to, devours it and begs for the recipe.
Thanks to a creamy, warm baked dip made from refried beans and cream cheese, and a fresh topping of tomatoes and onions, this simple Taco Dip is the perfect contrast of flavors and textures!
I am sharing with you TWO versions of this Taco Dip Recipe. A decadent version and a lightened up version. Both recipes for Taco Dip are delicious and no one will be able to tell if you cut out some of the fat and calories!
Ingredients for Taco Dip
- Refried Beans
- Use homemade refried beans or a can of your favorite fat free refried beans
- Cream Cheese
- Or sub this out for nonfat plain Greek yogurt for a healthier swap.
- Sour Cream
- Feel free to once again use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
- Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning is the way to go–cheap to make, no preservatives, MSG free, and gluten free.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Optional, you can omit for fewer calories and still have an amazing low fat Taco Dip!
- Cilantro is optional!!! If you hate it, by all means, leave it out!
How to Make Creamy Taco Dip
- Spread refried beans into a 8×8 pan or a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese (or Greek Yogurt) with taco seasoning until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of beans.
- If desired, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted, and dip is warm and bubbly.
- Toss tomatoes, onions and cilantro together.
- Top the warm dip with the tomato mixture and serve with tortilla chips.
A Few Notes/Substitutions for Mexican Dip
- Feel free to leave out cilantro if you don’t like it. If you do like cilantro, this fresh element really elevates this simple taco dip.
- If you don’t want to chop onions and tomatoes, top the dip with salsa.
- If you want the dip lighter, but don’t want to use Greek yogurt, make the decadent version minus the cheese. You truly don’t need it or miss it at all!!
- For tomatoes, use seeded roma or vine-ripened tomatoes or halved grape tomatoes.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Lightened Up Easy Hot Corn Dip
- Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Antipasto Skewers
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce
- Classic Cheese Ball from How to Feed a Loon.
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
Taco Dip Recipe
Easy Taco Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread refried beans into a 8x8 pan or a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese with taco seasoning until well combined. Spread on top of beans.
- If using cheese, sprinkle cheese over cream cheese layer.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted, and dip is warmed through.
- Toss tomatoes, onions and cilantro together. Top the warm dip with the tomato mixture and serve with tortilla chips.
- Feel free to use plain Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese and/or sour cream.
- If using yogurt and omit cheese, the calories per serving will be 80 calories and 0 grams fat.
- Serving is about 1/4 cup.