This Pineapple Mango Salsa is a sweet and spicy fresh fruit salsa that pairs perfectly with fish, chicken, or salty chips!
One of my most cherished gifts is the recipe box I received at my bridal shower over a decade ago. It is filled with hand written recipes that my friends and family thought I may enjoy.
And one of the best recipes in that recipe box was from my mom’s friend for this Pineapple Mango Salsa.
Pineapple Mango Salsa
Fresh pineapple is the perfect base for a delicious fresh fruit salsa. However, when you add mango to the mix, you have the base for a perfect bright and fresh fruit salsa.
This fresh Pineapple Mango Salsa is just the right combination of sweet, salty, acidic, spicy, and fresh flavors, and pairs incredibly well with fish, chicken or even just a gold old corn chip.
Ingredients for Pineapple Salsa
- Fresh Pineapple
- Fresh Mangoes
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
How to Make Pineapple Salsa
- Dice pineapple and mango.
- Finely mince red onions and sweet bell pepper.
- Remove seeds and ribs from inside jalapeno.
- Mince jalapeno into very small pieces.
- Chop fresh cilantro.
- Juice fresh limes.
- Mix together all ingredients with salt.
It is best to let the flavors in this Pineapple Mango Salsa develop for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This fresh Pineapple Salsa will last for 3-4 days in a covered container, stored in the refrigerator.
How to Serve Pineapple Mango Salsa
The recipe I received in that cherished recipe box, states to serve this Fruit Salsa with corn chips in bold letters. And friends, there is certainly something magical to the salty combination of corn chips with this sweet fruit salsa. However, this salsa is good served a variety of ways.
Serve Pineapple Mango Salsa with:
- Grilled Fish
- Grilled Chicken
- Fish Tacos
- Black Bean Tacos
- Black Bean Burgers
- Jalapeno Chicken Tacos
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Jerk Pork
Tips for Making the BEST Fruit Salsa
- Be sure to dice pineapple and mango into small pieces to make the Pineapple Salsa easier to scoop up with chips.
- To control the heat of this fruit salsa, be sure to remove seeds and ribs from jalapeno.
- Wear plastic gloves while chopping the jalapeno or wash your hands well after handling to protect your skin and eyes from the juice from the pepper.
- A pro tip to juicing limes is to microwave for 30 seconds, then roll on the counter. Use a juicer or a hand held kitchen mixer attachment to juice the lime.
- The salt is a must to bring out all the flavors in this pineapple mango salsa.
If you liked this Fresh Pineapple Salsa recipe, you may also like
Mango Salsa Recipe
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled and core removed
- 2 mangoes peeled and core removed
- 1 small red onion minced
- 1 jalapeno seeds and core removed, minced
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dice the pineapple and mango into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Toss with the onion, jalapeno, pepper, and cilantro.
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice over the salsa and sprinkle with salt. Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving for best flavor.
- If you are NOT serving with salty chips, you may want to increase the salt to 1 teaspoon for taste.
Latest posts by Kristen Chidsey (see all)
- Easy Mulled Wine - November 21, 2019
- Gluten Free Sweet Potato Waffles - November 20, 2019
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Sweet Potatoes - November 20, 2019