Easy Baked Ham and Egg Cups are one of the easiest breakfast ever! Fill these delicious ham cups with cheese, peppers, olives, or anything your heart desires for a make-Ahead, customizable breakfast and make everyone happy!
These ham and egg cups made by placing slices of ham and then filling with toppings of your choice, eggs, and then baked to perfection. Serve them up with fresh fruit and an English Muffin, for a tasty breakfast that is great for busy mornings, but is also perfect to serve guests for brunch.
Baked Egg Cups make a perfect breakfast.
They are easy to make, filled with protein, and can be made ahead.
And on busy, mornings, we ALL need options that we can make ahead of time. We also need breakfast recipes that everyone will actually eat and enjoy, and at my house, EVERYONE has different taste preferences.
I love it when I can customize the flavors in a breakfast–especially a grab and go breakfast, like these Baked Ham and Egg Cups or Overnight Oats.
You only need 3 ingredients to make these. Thinly sliced ham, eggs, and dairy of some sort.
But while Ham and Egg Cups would still be delicious with those 3 simple ingredients, I love to add olives, spinach, cheese, or peppers to the mix to enjoy variety and flavor.
My favorite combinations are Mediterranean, Western, and three cheese varieties. But use your imagination and taste preference to dictate how you prepare the filling.
- Mediterranean Ham and Egg Cups add in chopped spinach, chopped grape tomatoes, Feta Cheese, and chopped kalamative Olives.
- Western Style Ham and Egg Cups add in shredded Cheddar Cheese, diced fresh onions, and diced baby sweet peppers.
- Three Cheese Ham and Egg Cups add in shredded Gouda Cheese, Swiss Cheese, and parmesan cheese.
How to Make Baked Ham and Egg Cups
- Start by layering in ham into a muffin tin. You may need more than one slice, depending on the size of your ham slices. A silicone muffin pan works best to prevent the ham and eggs from sticking to the pan. If not using a silicone pan, grease well.
- Sprinkle the ham cups with any filling you would like–you can do a variety of fillings as pictured here.
- Mix eggs with a splash of organic milk and salt and pepper together.
- Bake and serve or store for those busy mornings or a brunch.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Once ham and egg cups are baked as directed, allow them to cool. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Warm for 30-45 seconds in the microwave.
Alternatively, you can freeze these egg cups for up to 3 months. Once baked and cooled, place the cups on a baking sheet and freeze until solid, 1 hour or overnight. Transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag. To serve, remove from freezer and heat in the microwave for 1 minute or in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until just warmed through.
More Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes
- Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- Homemade Egg McMuffin Sandwiches
- Overnight Oats
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
No matter what variety you choose or whom you serve these Egg Cups to, they will be LOVED! Bonus is that they are healthy, easy, affordable, and able to be made ahead–this busy mom’s ULTIMATE kind of recipe.
Baked Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups 3 Ways
For Egg Cups
- 6 slices deli ham
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- additonal add-ins of your choice
Mediterranean Variety (per 6 egg cups)
- 2-3 tablespoons Kalamataive Olives chopped
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach chopped
- 3 tablespoons feta Cheese
- 3 tablespoons grape tomatoes diced
For Western Variety (per 6 Egg Cups)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup baby sweet peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup diced onions
For Three Cheese Variety (per 6 Egg Cups)
- 1/4 cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 6 cup muffin tin with 6 slices of ham.
- Sprinkle each ham cup with desired/optional filling.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Pour evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are fully set.
- Allow to cool and serve with toasted English muffin and fresh fruit.