Easy Baked Ham and Egg Cups 3 Ways: Make-Ahead, Customizable Breakfast: Make everyone happy with Mediterranean, 3 Cheese, & Western Ham and Egg Cups–a flavor perfect for EVERYONE!
Breakfast as you have heard me say over and over again is the MOST important meal of the day.
But how do you make sure you and your family eats a healthy breakfast, especially when busy and trying to get out the door on time?
It is all about planning ahead.
I also like to have as many make ahead breakfast recipes as possible, like Spinach and Egg Breakfast Sandwiches, Whole Wheat Waffles, or Overnight Oats prepped and ready to go either in my fridge or freezer so that a healthy breakfast is just a matter of grab-and-go.
And because EVERYONE in my house has different taste preferences, I love when I can customize a grab and go breakfast, like these Baked Ham and Egg Cups.
Baked Ham and Egg Cups
What is not to love about eggs baked into ham cups?
How about jazzing up the Baked Ham and Egg Cups with some fun flavors like 3 Cheese, Western Omelet Style and Mediterranean? A perfect way to make picky palates happy–or to just enjoy VARIETY for breakfast.
And with a quick trip to ALDI , I am able to find quality products that won’t break the bank and allow me to stock up on premium items that make healthy, flavorful breakfasts an affordable option.
These Egg and Ham Cups start with Lunch Mate NeverANY! Honey Ham slices, eggs, and milk.
And while these grab-and-go egg cups would be perfect with those 3 simple ingredients, I love to add in some flavors and make these egg cups anything but boring.
Serve these baked egg and ham cups with some fresh fruit, and an English Muffin, you have a tasty breakfast that is great for busy mornings or so good it is even perfect to serve guests for brunch–or a bridal or baby shower!
How to Make Baked Ham and Egg Cups in a Muffin Tin :
Start with ham slices to line 12 muffin cups with. I love my silicone muffin tin, but any muffin tin you have will work fot these egg cups.
Sprinkle the ham cups with the ingredients for each variety of Ham and Egg Cups you would like.
For Mediterranean Ham and Egg Cups add in chopped spinach, chopped organic grape tomatoes, Feta Cheese, and chopped kalamative Olives.
For Western Style Ham and Egg Cups, add in shredded Cheddar Cheese, diced fresh onions and diced baby sweet peppers.
For Three Cheese Ham and Egg Cups, add in shredded Gouda Cheese, Swiss Cheese, andParmesan Cheese.
Make egg cups all Mediterranean Flavor. Or make 3 Western Omelet Style and 3 Three Cheese. WHATEVER your family or YOU prefer!
Mix eggs with a splash of organic milk and salt and pepper together and evenly distribute between each ham cup.
Bake and serve or store for those busy mornings or a brunch.
No matter what variety you choose or whom you serve these Ham and Egg Cups to, they will be LOVED!
Healthy, easy, affordable, and able to be made ahead–this busy mom’s ULITMATE kind of recipe.
Notes on Egg and Ham Cups
- Recipe for egg cups can easily be doubled or tripled.
- To Freeze Egg and Ham Cups for busy mornings: Bake as directed. Allow to cool and transfer Ham and Egg Cups to a freezer safe container or bag. To serve, remove from freezer and heat in microwave for 1 minute or in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until just warmed through.
- If you are looking for a meat free version of egg cups, check out my recipe for Spinach Egg Cups–I still use the method of cooking eggs in a muffin tin for a quick easy, individual egg cup.
- If you want to bake eggs in bread cups, check out this recipe for Brioche Egg Cups from Bellyful.
Let’s Make Ham and Egg Cups
Baked Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups 3 Ways
- 6 slices deli ham
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Mediterranean Variety:
- 2 tablespoons Kalamataive Olives chopped
- 1/8 cup Baby Spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons grape tomatoes diced
- Western Omelet Variety:
- 2 tablespoons Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons baby sweet peppers chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 3 Cheese Variety:
- 1 tablespoon Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon Swiss cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 6 cup muffin tin with 6 slices of ham.
- Sprinkle each ham cup with ingredients for egg cups--2 Mediterranean, 2 Western, 2 Cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Pour evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are fully set.
- Allow to cool and serve with toasted English muffin and fresh fruit.
- To make all one variety: omit other flavor ingredients and triple the ingredients specific to your flavor of choice.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes featuring Eggs: