These Homemade Egg McMuffin Sandwiches are a perfect make-ahead, freezer-friendly on-the-go breakfast sandwich. These Copycat Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches come together with a super-fast sheet pan hack for cooking eggs.
Skip the drive-thru permanently with these homemade Egg McMuffins. They are a wholesome, balanced breakfast that will keep you satisfied until lunch!
I have to say I love a portable breakfast.
There are mornings (more than I care to admit) that we oversleep and have to grab breakfast and be out the door. And while I can and do give my kids a jar of overnight oats and spoon on our way to school, a hand-held breakfast sandwich that requires nothing more than a napkin to serve is a fabulous, easy option.
Sheet Pan Eggs for Breakfast Sandwiches
It may sound odd to make eggs on a sheet pan, or silicone baking dish as I do, but this kitchen hack will save you time and is almost fail-proof.
In the past, I have used silicone muffin cups to make Spinach Egg Sandwiches, and while that works fine and well, I am in love with using a silicone baking dish or sheet pan to bake eggs for breakfast sandwiches. No egg mold to clean, no muffin cups to clean, and no making one egg at a time!
To make Sheet Pan Eggs
- Mix eggs with a splash of milk, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Pour into a silicone baking dish or pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until eggs are set.
- Turn baked eggs onto cutting board and slice into 6 squares to fit on English Muffins.
To Make 18 Egg McMuffins
This recipe for sheet pan eggs can be customized to make as many baked egg squares as needed for breakfast sandwiches.
- For 18 homemade Egg McMuffins, use a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
How to Assemble
- Allow your baked eggs to cool.
- Slice eggs into even squares to fit on English Muffins.
- Toast English Muffins if desired.
- Place a piece of ham or Canadian bacon on each English Muffin.
- Top the ham with an egg square.
- Top each egg square with a cheese slice if you did not mix the cheese into the baked eggs.
- Put the top of each muffin on the egg sandwich.
How to Freeze Egg McMuffins
It is SMART to make as many a triple batch of these Healthy Copycat Egg McMuffins to keep on hand in your freezer.
- Assemble as directions state without toasting the English Muffin.
- Place each breakfast sandwich a large freezer bag.
- Seal and freeze for up to 6 weeks.
- To reheat egg sandwiches, place on plate and microwave frozen sandwich for 1-2 minutes on high in the microwave.
**Alternatively, you can wrap each sandwich in parchment paper and place it in a freezer bag to freeze and reheat on parchment paper versus a plate.
Recipe Notes and FAQs
- I choose to mix shredded cheese into my sheet pan eggs instead of topping each egg sandwich with a slice of cheese because it eliminates one step and it freezes better than a slice of cheese on an Egg McMuffin.
- I love to use thinly sliced deli ham on these homemade egg McMuffins, but Canadian bacon, cooked traditional bacon, or sausage patties are all great options for these classic breakfast sandwiches.
- Feel free to use any variety of cheese you like. A classic Egg McMuffin has American cheese on it, but I like sharp cheddar or Colby.
- I use whole wheat English muffins, but any variety of English muffins works.
- If I am serving these ham and egg sandwiches for a crowd, I toast up the English muffins in the oven while the eggs are cooking.
- To keep these breakfast sandwiches dairy-free, omit milk and cheese and use water in place of milk.
- To keep these McMuffin Sandwiches gluten-free, use gluten-free English Muffins.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Ham and Egg Cups
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
I hope these breakfast sandwiches make your morning easier and I would love for you to leave a comment below.
Homemade Egg McMuffin Sandwiches
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 English muffins
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices Canadian bacon or deli ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 7x11-inch silicone pan or line a 7x11 inch pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together until well combined. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 12-14 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Invert the baked eggs onto a cutting board and cut eggs into 6 equal squares.
- While the eggs are baking, place split English muffin halves onto a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes to lightly toast.
- Assemble the Egg McMuffin sandwich by placing a piece of Canadian Bacon on each English Muffin and then top that with a square of an egg, and a slice of cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- When not serving immediately, let the English muffins and eggs cool COMPLETELY before assembling the breakfast sandwiches.
- Assemble the sandwiches and wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Place the wrapped breakfast sandwiches into a large freezer bag.
- Seal and refrigerate for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat egg sandwiches, unwrap and place on a microwave-safe plate. Heat for 45 seconds if refrigerated and heat for 1-2 minutes on high in the microwave if frozen.