These loaded baked sweet potatoes are done breakfast style! A baked sweet potato is topped with yogurt, nut butter, and banana for a healthy, balanced breakfast.
Breakfast Sweet Potato
I am currently obsessed with Breakfast Sweet Potatoes.
But this simple idea of a loaded sweet potato breakfast style, is too good and too easy not to share.
There is nothing fancy or complicated about this sweet potato breakfast.
Simple, yet this combination is delicious and a perfect contrast in temperatures and textures.
Not to mention sweet potatoes for breakfast are a really healthy way to start the day, as they are full of fiber, healthy carbs, and vitamin A. When paired with yogurt and nut butter, you add in the benefits of protein, calcium, and healthy fats.
These Breakfast Sweet Potatoes are truly a perfectly balanced breakfast.
Topping for Breakfast Sweet Potato
My favorite way to top a sweet potato at breakfast is with a huge dollop of yogurt, ½ sliced banana, a drizzle of peanut butter, and a sprinkle of homemade granola. But you can let your imagination guide you. If you like your sweet potato on the sweeter side, drizzle with honey or maple syrup. Use coconut yogurt if you are dairy-free. Add berries when they are in season. You get the idea!
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Sliced Bananas
- Nut Butter
- Chopped Nuts
- Chia Seeds
- Maple Syrup
Sweet Potato Breakfast Recipes
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Hash
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- Gluten Free Sweet Potato Waffles
- Baked Eggs in Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
- Scrub sweet potatoes and pierce several times. Place in the instant pot on a trivet and set cook time for 22 minutes or bake at 375 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Cut open warm, baked sweet potato.
- Top with yogurt, sliced banana, a drizzle of nut butter, chia seeds, and granola.