We all know that you can use a handheld mixer for baking, but it can do so much more! I am going to show you four creative ways to use your handheld mixer that you never thought of that will make your life easier!
Everyone knows you can use a kitchen mixer to make homemade whipped cream or to make cake batter. But your mixer can and SHOULD be used to do many other everyday cooking tasks.
Creative Ways to Use Your Kitchen Mixer
While there are a multitude of ways to use a handheld mixer, today I am sharing my four favorite uses. You will find yourself pulling out that mixer again and again after learning these hacks!
- Froth Milk
- Juice Citrus
- Shred Meat
- Mix Nut Butters
Using a Mixer to Froth Milk
Like many of you, coffee is a daily ESSENTIAL for me to function.
And while I would love to hit up Starbucks every morning, my budget will not allow that!
But, YOU can make Homemade Lattes at home with just 2 ingredients and your handheld mixer.
- Pour ⅓ cup to ½ cup milk (any variety) into your coffee mug.
- Microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- Once the milk is heated, take your handheld mixer, fixed with 1 beater into the heated milk and turn it to high and whisk for 30 seconds, until the milk is frothy.
- Pour or brew coffee over milk and enjoy it.
Of course, you can add syrups or use Homemade Coconut Vanilla Coffee Creamer.
Use a Kitchen Mixer to Juice Citrus
I am a HUGE fan of NOT having a million tools in my kitchen. Maybe it is because I hate clutter, maybe it is because I use to have a very small kitchen, or maybe because I hate wasting money on things that are not necessary.
Whenever I can take one tool and give it multiple purposes or avoid having to purchase ANOTHER tool, I am all for it.
When it comes to juicing fruits, I don't have a juicer or a lemon press.
I just use the attachment to my handheld mixer. I can get EVERY bit of juice from lemons and limes every time with my mixer attachment.
- Slice your lemon, lime, or orange in half.
- Using one handheld mixer attachment, push the beater into the flesh of the fruit and twist over a bowl to catch the juice.
- Strain and use as desired.
∗ Pro-Tip for Juicing Citrus ∗
Pop your fruit into the microwave for 15 seconds, roll on the counter, cut open, and juice. Your citrus will give off nearly double the juice with these tips!
Use a Kitchen Mixer to Shred Meat
Rather than using forks to shred meat when making Crockpot Pulled Pork, Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches, or shredding Instant Pot Chicken Breasts to make casseroles like Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Rice, Chicken Parmesan Casserole, or Poppyseed Chicken, grab your handheld mixer!
You can shred cooked meat in a matter of minutes with the help of your handheld mixer.
- While still slightly warm, cut your cooked meat into large chunks.
- Place the chunks of cooked BONELESS chicken, pork, or beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Add a bit of cooking liquid, which will help to keep your meat tender and juicy.
- Using your handheld mixer on low speed, shred the meat as desired.
∗ important to remember ∗
It is critical you use BONELESS cuts of meat when using your mixer to shred cooked meat. The last thing anyone wants is shards of bone throughout their meat. This would make the meat unsafe to eat.
To Stir Natural Nut Butters
I am a huge fan of peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter. But I want simplicity when it comes to nut butter. Which means, just nuts and salt.
That natural oil separation that occurs causes all the oil to sit on top of the nut butter. If you don't disperse that oil evenly throughout the nut butter, the bottom of the jar will be useless. Dried-up peanut butter is not very appetizing (or easy to spread).
Despite minutes of mixing, I can not seem to ever get my peanut butter well mixed by hand. Enter my Hand Held Mixer and my life was changed!
How to Mix Peanut Butter with a Hand-Held Mixer
- Place one paddle onto your handheld mixer and plug it in.
- Open your nut butter.
- Place the paddle into your nut butter until fully submerged.
- With one hand VERY FIRMLY on the jar and one on the mixer, turn the mixer to the lowest setting. Let the oil start to disperse and then you can turn the speed up to medium on the mixer. Mix for 30-45 seconds or until peanut butter is nice and creamy and oil is fully mixed into nut butter.
∗ important to remember ∗
Be sure to hold your jar TIGHTLY. And do not turn the mixer on before you have a firm grasp on the jar and the beater is fully submerged into the nut butter. I made this mistake ONE time, and the result was nut butter flying all over me and my kitchen. It has never happened again (and I use this trick at least once a week) but wanted you to be warned!!
Which Handheld Mixer is Best?
I have my Kitchen Aid handheld mixer for 20 years now with ZERO issues, so I can't say enough good about it.
Kitchen Aid also has a handheld mixer with a whisk and frothing attachment. I imagine this is a great mixer and nice attachments to have, I just have not found the need for all the extras.
Please share in the comments if you have found other creative ways to use your mixer!