Forget ever having to buy coffee creamer again! This 3-Ingredient Coconut Vanilla Coffee Creamer comes together in minutes to create a rich, luxurious, dairy-free coffee creamer.
Whether you use this Homemade Coffee Creamer to make a Homemade Latte, or just to flavor your coffee, this simple dairy-free coffee creamer will save you money and will make drinking your morning cup of coffee that much more enjoyable.
Coconut Vanilla Coffee Creamer
Like many of you, my morning does not go well without a cup of coffee.
While I don't like my coffee black, I am not a fan of store-bought creamers for many reasons. They are often loaded with added preservatives, sugar, stabilizers, carrageenan, and even trans fat.
And if you need a dairy-free creamer, your options are limited and they are often pricey!
Skip the store-bought creamer, and with just 3 ingredients and a quick shake, you can quickly make a dairy-free creamer that is rich, velvety, and full of vanilla and coconut flavors with a note of maple in the background. It is the perfect way to indulge without indulging at all.
Notes on Ingredients
Because this homemade coffee creamer is made with only 3 ingredients, you want to choose them wisely for the best results.
- Coconut Milk: Be sure to use canned coconut milk, not coconut cream for this vegan coffee creamer. My favorite is Trader Joe's Coconut Milk, it is thicker than most light brands but does not separate as much as full-fat coconut milk. However, you can use any brand of light coconut milk or full-fat coconut milk you like.
- Maple Syrup: Be sure to use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup, as the flavor will not be as rich or pure.
- Vanilla Extract: The vanilla extract is optional, but adds a nice warming note to the creamer.
- Optional Additions: Feel free to add up to a teaspoon of ground cinnamon or ½ teaspoon of grated nutmeg for additional flavoring if desired.
How To Prepare & Use Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a jar with a tight-fitting lid or in a blender. Shake or blend well until the ingredients are well emulsified.
- Store this homemade creamer in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 14 days.
- Shake well before each use.
∗ not dairy-free?∗
If you are not dairy-free, feel free to use half and half in place of the coconut milk to make a simple Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer.
A cup of coffee flavored with this easy homemade coffee creamer pairs perfectly with breakfast, brunch, or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Below are a few of my favorite items to pair with a cup of coffee flavored with this Coconut Coffee Creamer.
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free Muffins
- Easy Potato Frittata
If you gave this dairy-free coffee creamer a try, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
Coconut Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk full-fat or reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a large sealable jar and seal. Shake well for 2-3 minutes, until all the ingredients are well distributed. Alternatively, blend the ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Store the creamer in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 14 days. Use as desired, shaking well before each use.