This Cat in the Hat pancake recipe and Green Eggs and Ham recipe are the perfect choice for Dr. Seuss snacks! Great for a Dr. Seuss Party or breakfast to celebrate a love of reading.
Did you know Dr. Seuss’ birthday is March 1st?
All across Elementary schools, Dr. Seuss’ birthday has become a day to celebrate the joy of reading and to have a little fun with the kids!
If you are like me, you may owe quite a bit to good old Dr. Seuss.
Dr Seuss books were the first books I read to my kids.
Dr. Seuss books were the first books my kids learned to read.
Dr. Seuss books were the first books I learned to read as well.
Dr. Seuss made reading FUN!
And today, I am making breakfast fun for kids with this Dr. Seuss themed food.
Dr. Seuss Snacks
What better way to gear kids up for reading than with an adorable breakfast that reminds them of one of the authors that inspires children everywhere to learn to read?
Can you tell I used to teach elementary school? I love to incorporate learning with fun foods.
But this Dr. Seuss themed breakfast is surely to be loved by your kids and is a great way to encourage your kids to pick up a book and read.
Any why limit this to just breakfast? These Dr. Seuss recipes are great for snacks or a Dr. Seuss party.
Recipe for Cat in the Hat Pancakes
Aren’t these the cutest Cat in the Hat pancakes you ever did see?
They may not be magazine worthy, but these were created fully by my daughter herself. She even made the pancake batter herself.
Steps for making Cat in the Hat Pancakes
- Start with your favorite pancakes that have been cooked.
- Cut your pancakes out into the shape of the Cat’s face.
- Use your scraps to cut out whiskers and ears.
- Added mini chocolate chips for the nose, eyes, and mouth. Alternatively, you can use 2 mini marshmallows with 2 more chocolate chips for the eyes and “draw”a mouth with a knife dipped in maple syrup.
- Create the Cat’s hat by alternating slices of banana and strawberries on top of each other, ending with a strawberry cut in half to look like a triangle.
- Add the Cat in the Hat’s bow tie by using two strawberry slices.
Recipe for Green Eggs and Ham (without food coloring)
Do you like Green Eggs and Ham?
I DO! I DO like green eggs and ham!!
That is what Sam-I-am said and that is what your kids will be saying as well.
How to Make Green Eggs:
- Blend eggs with spinach, milk and salt and pepper in blender until smooth.
- Saute ham bits in skillet and add eggs and scramble.
Green Eggs and Ham Recipes
Green Eggs and Ham
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup kale or spinach fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup feta cheese optional
- 1/4 cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a blender blend together eggs, greens, feta and milk until greens are smooth and eggs are green.
- Add diced ham to skillet and brown for 1 minute. Add in egg mixture and cook, stirring lightly to scrample until eggs are set. Taste and add salt if needed (Ham and feta are quite salty, so may not be needed.)
- If using frozen spinach or kale, be sure to defrost before using.