Chicken Quinoa Fajita Bowl: Kitchen staples come together to create protein and nutrient packed one pot wonder tastes just like a chicken fajita, all ready in less than 30 minutes. Gluten-Free with Dairy-Free Options as well.
You want to know my secret to healthy, home cooking?
Sounds simple, and it really is if you make-up your mind to DO IT!!! From vegetables to things you may not think to freeze, using your freezer is a huge tool to staying on budget and
Take this Quinoa Bowl that is filled with the classic flavors of a Chicken Fajita.
Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowl
This Chicken Quinoa Bowl comes together in one pan and in less than 30 minutes! And friends, any time I can have a healthy, 30 minute meal on the table, I am one happy lady.
And when you add in the fact that this quinoa bowl is made with Mexican flavors–sign me up any night of the week!
How to Make Chicken Fajita Bowl
Step One: Mix together the Ingredients
- In a large stock pan, or dutch oven, mix together Homemade Chicken Stock, salsa, frozen peppers and onions, and taco seasoning together.
- Submerge the chicken breasts in the quinoa mixture.
Step Two: Cook the Quinoa with Chicken
- Bring the quinoa mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Step Three: Serve with Toppings
The toppings are endless, some of my favorites are:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt/Sour Cream
- fresh tomatoes
- green onions
Notes on Chicken Fajita Bowls
- I love to use chicken stock in for additional flavor in this meal, but you can also use vegetable stock or water.
- Salsa adds incredible flavor to this recipe, but you can also use Homemade Salsa Verde or a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- You can use fresh slices of frozen peppers and onions instead of frozen slices. However, frozen peppers and onions are a great money saver!
- Feel free to add in some cooked beans as well as chicken if desired.
More 30 Minute Gluten Free Meals
- Chili Lime Pan Seared Tilapia with Apple Salsa
- Quinoa Jambalaya
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops
- Stir-Fried Chicken and Bok Choy
Chicken Fajita Bowl
Chicken Quinoa Fajita Bowl
- sour cream, green onions, shredded cheese
- Mix together chicken stock, salsa, peppers and onions, seasoning and quinoa together in large stock pan. Add chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed most of the liquid and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with any of the desired toppings.