Banana Oat Pancakes are the best gluten-free pancakes ever! Simple ingredients are blended together to create healthy, light, and perfectly sweetened oatmeal pancakes.
Whether you need to be gluten-free or not, Banana Oat Pancakes make an easy, healthy, gluten-free breakfast.
While they are not thick and fluffy like traditional pancakes, these thin, airy pancakes are super sweet and tender. They come together in the blender and are easy enough for weekday breakfasts.
And best of all, these Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are made with pantry staples. YES!!! Gluten-free pancakes that don't require crazy flours or stabilizers is possible!
These banana oatmeal pancakes are made with gluten-free oats, eggs, bananas, milk, baking powder, and cinnamon. The batter comes together in minutes in a blender. And because these pancakes are thin, they cook up QUICK!
They are delicious served with maple syrup, but I love to top with fresh fruit, or a drizzle of homemade chocolate syrup.
How to Make Banana Oat Pancakes
- In a blender, add eggs, milk, and vanilla. I like to add in the liquid ingredients first, as this makes it easier for the blender to fully blend the pancake batter.
- Next add cinnamon, baking powder, and oats to the blender.
- Finally, add 2 ripe bananas, cut into chunks, into the blender.
- Blend on full speed until the batter is fully incorporated and smooth.
**Banana Oat Pancake Batter should be thinner than traditional pancakes, but should not be runny. If you find the batter too thick, add in 1 teaspoon of milk at a time and blend; repeat until desired consistency is reached. If you find the batter too thin, add in 1 tablespoon oats and blend well; repeat until desired consistency is reached.
- Preheat a griddle or nonstick frying pan to medium heat.
- Grease the griddle with coconut oil, butter, or cooking spray.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour pancake batter onto the heated pan.
- Cook until small bubbles form, about 4 minutes.
- Flip pancakes, and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes per side.
- These banana pancakes are perfectly sweet served alone, but also delicious with maple syrup or a smear of nut butter.
More Delicious Pancake Recipes
- Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Dutch Baby Pancake
- Gluten-Free Protein Pancakes
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
When you are craving light, sweet pancakes---these Banana Oat Pancakes are the way to go! Let me know in the comments how much you enjoyed them!
Banana Oat Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk any variety
- 1 cup oats quick-cook or old fashioned work
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas broken into chunks
- Blend until the batter is smooth and no chunks of bananas remain. The batter should be thinner than traditional pancakes, but should not be runny. If you find the batter too thick, add in 1 teaspoon of milk at a time and blend; repeat until desired consistency is reached. If you find the batter too thin, add in 1 tablespoon oats and blend well; repeat until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the preheated skillet and cook until small bubbles form about 4 minutes. Flip and cook 2-4 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!!!
- Be sure to use certified gluten free oats, if you need these pancakes to be gluten free.
- Use any variety of milk you like. Non-dairy milk works great.
- If using frozen bananas, be sure to defrost before adding to batter.
- To make Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes: In place of eggs, mix together ½ cup water with 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and let sit for 5 minutes. And use nondairy milk. I have made this variety many times with great success.
**Post updated with new pictures in 2019, but the original recipe remains the same.