Banana Oat Pancakes are the best gluten-free pancakes ever! Simple ingredients are blended together to create healthy, light, and perfectly sweetened oatmeal pancakes.
Whether you need to be gluten free or not, Banana Oat Pancakes make an easy, healthy, gluten free breakfast.
These pancakes are light, fluffy, and perfectly sweet. They come together in the blender and are easy enough for weekday breakfasts.
These Healthy Banana Pancakes are delicious topped with a bit of pure maple syrup, a drizzle of homemade chocolate syrup, or simply fresh sliced fruit. I enjoyed them the last time I made them with blackberries and sliced bananas–heavenly!
Banana Oatmeal Pancake Ingredients
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are made with pantry staples.
YES!!! Gluten-free pancakes that don’t require crazy flours or stabilizers is possible!
- Gluten Free Oats–quick cooking or regular old fashioned oats both work
- Milk–dairy or non-dairy
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Bananas–The riper the bananas, the sweeter these oat pancakes will be naturally.
How to Make Banana Oat Pancakes
Step One: Blend Pancake Batter
- In a blender, add eggs, milk, and vanilla. I like to add in the liquid ingredients first, as this makes it easier for the blender to fully blend the pancake batter.
- Next add cinnamon, baking powder and oats to the blender.
- Finally, add 2 ripe bananas, cut into chunks, into the blender.
- Blend on full speed until the batter is fully incorporated and and smooth.
**Banana Oat Pancake Batter should be thinner than traditional pancakes, but should not be runny. If you find the batter too thick, add in 1 teaspoon of milk at a time and blend; repeat until desired consistency is reached. If you find the batter too thin, add in 1 tablespoon oats and blend well; repeat until desired consistency is reached.
Step Two: Cook Pancakes
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to medium heat.
- Grease the griddle with coconut oil, butter, or cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour pancake batter onto the heated pan.
- Cook until small bubbles form, about 4 minutes.
- Flip pancakes, and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes per side.
Step Three: Serve Pancakes
These banana pancakes are perfectly sweet served alone, but also delicious with maple syrup or a smear of nut butter.
More Delicious Pancake Recipes
- Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Black Forest Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Dutch Baby Pancake
- High Protein Gluten Free Pancakes
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Banana Oat Pancakes
- 1 cup oats quick-cook or old fashioned work
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk any variety
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas broken into chunks
- In a blender, add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Next add cinnamon, baking powder and oats to the blender. Finally, add 2 ripe bananas, cut into chunks, into the blender.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and cook until small bubbles form, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook 2-4 minutes a side.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!!!
- Be sure to use certified gluten free oats, if you need these pancakes to be gluten free.
- Use any variety of milk you like. Non-dairy milk works great.
- If using frozen bananas, be sure to defrost before adding to batter.