Naturally Sweetened Homemade Pumpkin Butter: Easy, healthy pumpkin butter made in 30 minutes. Made with warming spices and sweet maple syrup, this pumpkin butter is the perfect fall treat.
Okay, so I am a little obsessed with pumpkin at the moment.
But pumpkin butter is the best of the best when it comes to pumpkin flavors.
Homemade Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin butter is a lot like apple butter, a thick, rich, sweetened spread that is filled with flavor.
My secret to the BEST pumpkin butter is apple cider. The apple cider works to flavor and sweeten the pumpkin butter. And along, with maple syrup and cinnamon, and nutmeg, adds a depth to the pumpkin butter.
How to Make Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin Butter is so simple and quick.
Stove Top Directions
- Bring ingredients to boil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Simmer all ingredients on low for 30 minutes.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Stir together all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours in the slow cooker.
Use Naturally Sweetened Pumpkin Butter For:
- Slather it on toast, English muffins, Pumpkin Muffins, Apple Spice Bread or even pancakes.
- Stir into cooked oatmeal and top with chopped nuts.
- Steam some milk and stir in a tablespoon of the pumpkin butter and top with strong coffee–your own Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Stir in a few tablespoons into the coating for french toast.
- Make a sharp cheddar quesadilla and dip into the pumpkin butter–that sweet and savory combination is so good.
- Make Mini-Pumpkin Pie Cookies.
- Eat it by the spoonful.
- Give it as a gift.
Notes on Vegan Pumpkin Butter:
- You can use pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger–just use 3 teaspoons. I personally like more of a cinnamon and nutmeg flavor.
- Yes you can use cooked pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin puree. Pumpkin puree is one canned product, I take the convenience of.
- Be sure to use 100% pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin Butter will store in fridge for 2 weeks or freezer for 3 months.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
- Harvest Quinoa Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette
- Apple Upside Down Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin Butter Recipe
Homemade Pumpkin Butter
An easy recipe for pumpkin butter sweetened with maple syrup.
- 2 15 oz cans of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tesapoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Place all ingredients into large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Store in glass jars for up to 2 weeks.