Healthy Black Bean Baked Tacos: Spicy Refried Black Beans and sharp cheese are baked in crispy taco shells for an easy, gluten-free dinner.
I love to solve your dinner dilemnas.
There is nothing that brings me more joy then to plan out budget-friendly meal plans for families that are easy to follow and don’t break the bank.
And one thing I am REALLY good at is taking what seems like an empty kitchen and making something from nothing. I can’t tell you how many people text me in a week and say, Hey Kristen I have x, y, and z in my pantry–what can I make for dinner?
There is thrill for me in that challenge.
Healthy Black Bean Baked Tacos
You guys–these black bean tacos can be made with just 3 ingredients. Yep–3 INGREDIENTS!!!
Refried black beans, cheese and taco shells.
These Black Bean tacos can really be just that easy.
But if you want to take these Simple Meatless Tacos into someting a little more special, follow my suggestions for Chipolte Black Bean Tacos that will really kick up dinner a few notches while still being made in less than 15 minutes!
How to Make the Easiest Black Bean Tacos
- For the black bean filling, I use my Chipotle Black Bean Dip. You can use a can of refried beans mixed with a teaspoon of chipotle powder or a can of black beans mashed up with a 1 tablespooon taco seasoning for a more mild, kid-friendly Black Bean Taco.
- I always have No Soaking Required Black Beans ready to use stored in my freezer. Then I can pull out 2 cup of beans and mash away with some seasonings for my own DIY Refried Beans.
- Your family dosen’t like black beans? Or you only have Pinto Beans in your pantry–no sweat, use whatever beans you have or you like!
- I spread the black bean mixture into Hard Corn Taco Shells to keep these Gluten-Free Black Bean Tacos. However, you can use any taco shell or tortilla you would like.
- I love to use sharp white cheddar cheese on these Baked Tacos, but use any cheese you like (feta is great and so is good old mild cheddar.) Or keep the cheese off for a Vegan Black Bean Taco.
- Top Black bean tacos anyway you like. My family loves shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, but avocados, sour cream, hot sauce, onions, etc would all be great options for toppings.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Healthy Black Bean Tacos
Healthy Baked Black Bean Tacos
An easy 15 minute dinner made from pantry staples.
- 3 cups Chipotle Black Bean Dip or options in notes
- 12 corn taco shells
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Desired Toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, onions, etc)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture in each taco shell and place in casserole dish. Top with cheese and place in bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with desired toppings.