Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake: A moist chocolate cake with hints of mocha is topped with a homemade salted caramel sauce for an insanely good cake–made from scratch.
Disclaimer: I am not really a cake person.
Give me brownies, cookies, ice cream or just plain chocolate and I am one happy girl. But I am quick to turn down a piece of cake. I just don’t care for the drier texture that typically comes with cakes. And icing, well, don’t get me started on buttercream–YUCK!
Yet, I am sharing with you a cake recipe–and it happens to be one I LOVE!
Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake is a cake lovers AND cake hater’s dream come true. It is incredibly moist and rich with chocolate and coffee flavors. And when you top it with Salted Caramel–well, in my book that makes it irresistible!!
There are a few secrets to this cake. First yogurt. It adds so much creaminess plus a hint of tang. In my opinion so much better than buttermilk. Secondly, coconut oil. Coconut oil is a magic ingredient in baked goods. It is incredibly rich and when paired with chocolate the flavors just sing together. Thirdly, coffee. After all, this is a MOCHA cake. Plus, coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate–and that is NEVER a bad thing.
Like I said earlier, I am not typically an icing person. Therefore I am not a cake person. However, when you top a moist chocolate cake with homemade salted caramel–HELLO!!! I can not resist. And pretty sure you will NOT be able to resist this cake either–and neither will anyone you serve this to!
Salted Caramel Mocha Cake
From scratch chocolate bundt cake with salted caramel sauce.
- 1¾ cups white wheat unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Read more at: Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake http://dinnerthendessert.com/triple-chocolate-bundt-cake/
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan with butter and flour or baking spray.
Add the flour sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a stand mixer on low speed until combined.
In a second bowl combine the yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk. Add the wet ingredients to the stand mixer on low. Add the coffee to the mixture until just combined. Pour batter into the bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
Let cake cool completely.
To make the Salted Caramel:
Heat sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon, until it melts into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Do not let it burn.
Once sugar is completely melted, add the butter. Expect the caramel to bubble rapidly.
Stir in the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 1-2 minutes.
Drizzle in the half and half slowly and stir carefully--the mixture will bubble up quite a bit. Continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Mix in the salt and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
Drizzle the caramel over the cake and serve.
More Holiday Sweet Treats:
Bars and Cookies
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Shortbread Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- The Best Pecan Pie Bars by Life Tastes Good
- Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Clementine Cake with Cranberry Glaze by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pecan Cake with Coconut Rum Frosting by The Chef Next Door
- Coconut Syrup Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Japanese Sugar Plum Fairy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Moms Texas Sheet Cake by My Life Cookbook
- Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Rave Review Coconut Cake by Family Around The Table
- Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiked Chocolate Eggnog Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Raspberry Cheesecake by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Patch Cocktail by Wholistic Woman
- Black Bottom Oatmeal Pie by This is How I Cook
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Perfect Plum Pie from Art of the Pie #Giveaway by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pumpkin Spice Mochi by Cricket’s Confections
- Purple Yam-Ube Blueberry Tart by Asian in America
- Swedish Apple Pie Cups with Date Caramel Sauce by Simple and Savory
Puddings and Creams
- Arroz Con Leche with Coconut and Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Cranberry Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Rauhreif – German Apple Dessert by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This recipe was featured on Meal Plan Monday.