Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad: Shredded, fresh Brussels sprouts are tossed with a simple homemade dressing and shaved Parmesan cheese. I bet you will never say you don’t like Brussels sprouts again!
You may also love these Brussels sprouts recipes: Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze, Apple Brussels Slaw, or Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes.
This summer my husband and I snuck away for weekend while our children visited their Nana and Papa.
We didn’t have anything spectacular planned. Just a night away where no dishes needed done and no children needed attended to. Oh, and sleeping in past 6 AM–we are quite the partiers, aren’t we?
We had a great time, but one thing that sticks in my memory more than anything else is a salad we had at the restaurant we choose. It was a Lemon Caesar salad with Brussels Sprouts, and it was heavenly. My husband, who has declared his HATRED of Brussels Sprouts for years, could not stop stealing a bite off my plate.
I was determined to recreate my own version of Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad salad and given that Brussels Sprouts are now in season, it seemed like the perfect time to experiment.
Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Salad
The process to make this Lemon and Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Salad is simple.
Start by shredding the Brussels Sprouts. You can buy them pre-shredded, shred them in a food processor, or even slice them thinly by hand.
Then I whisked up a simple vinaigrette of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. I know it is not a traditional Caesar dressing, but it has the same flavor profile and works perfectly to cut through the Brussels sprouts.
Generously shave Parmesan cheese over the salad and toss.
Well, my kids scarfed it down, my husband said it had to become a weekly dinner staple and I served it to friends, whose eyes did roll back in their heads. I would call it a success.
And you will too!
Tips on this Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- Use quality ingredients for this salad since the ingredients are limited.
- Extra virgin olive oil, a fresh block of Parmesan and fresh lemons are ESSENTIAL for quality and taste. Do not substitute with pre-shredded cheese or jarred lemon juice.
- To make ahead: Shred the Brussels Sprouts and make the Lemon Dressing and store separately in the fridge for up to 3 days. Before serving, toss together and grate the Parmesan right over it.
Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad Recipe
Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 pounds fresh brussels sprouts shredded
- 1 large lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Zest and juice the lemon. Whisk with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss with Brussel sprouts and Parmesan cheese.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Healthy Eats: 5 Healthier Ways to Spruce Up Brussels Sprouts
Creative Culinary: Bowtie Pasta with Bacon and Brussels Sprouts
The Fed Up Foodie: Beef and Brussels Sprouts Stew
Hey Grill Hey: Brown Sugar Bacon Brussels Sprout Bites
A Mind “Full” Mom: Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
The Mediterranean Dish: Fall Rotini Pasta Salad with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
Pinch My Salt: Steamed Brussels Sprouts with Dilly Dip
Featured on Meal Plan Monday.