This is the best roasted Brussels sprouts recipe out there. Crispy oven roasted Brussels sprouts are tossed with a simple balsamic honey sauce that has been given a kick with a surprising ingredient. These Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are the easiest and tastiest way to prepare Brussels sprouts.
Growing up, I hated Brussels sprouts.
My mom served them boiled or steamed, and no amount of butter she added would make the tiny cabbages appealing to me.
Once I discovered Crispy Brussels Sprouts, a whole new world opened up for me! Brussels sprouts went from a vegetable I loathed, to one of my all time favorite veggies.
If you THINK you don’t like Brussels Sprouts, I am willing to be you just have not had them prepared the RIGHT way.
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Something magical happens to Brussels sprouts when they are roasted at a high temperature.
They become caramelized and completely irresistible.
I could eat roasted Brussels sprouts straight from the oven, but when topped with a Sweet and Spicy Balsamic Glaze, Brussels sprouts become IRRESISTIBLE!
Preparing Brussels Sprouts
Before you roast your Brussels sprouts, you must prepare them correctly.
First things first, start with FRESH Brussels Sprouts.
You can purchase Brussels sprouts in a bag in your produce section or on a long stalk, from which dozens of Brussels sprouts offshoot from.
How to Clean Brussels Sprouts
- Rinse well in cold water.
- Remove any blemished outer leaves as well.
- Dry well in colander or on paper towels.
How to Trim Brussels Sprouts
- If your Brussels sprouts are on a large stalk, first cut the tiny sprouts off the main stalk.
- Cut off the thick tip of the stem.
- Slice Brussels sprouts in half.
How to Roast Brussels Sprouts
Roasting Brussels sprouts is what gives them an incredible, caramelized flavor. And this simple method for roasting Brussels sprouts will quickly become your new go-to method for preparing this vegetable.
- Toss prepared Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt and pepper/
- Spread Brussels sprouts evenly out onto a large sheet pan.
- Be very careful to not overcrowd your pan. It is better to use 2 sheet pans, than to have Brussels sprouts crowded on one pan. That would result in steamed Brussels sprouts that are not able to caramelize fully.
- Roast at high temperature, flipping half-way through baking, until golden brown.
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Brussels Sprouts are delicious served straight from the oven.
But if you really want to make a stand out side dish, top your Brussels sprouts with a Balsamic Glaze.
- Balsamic Vinegar
To make a balanced balsamic glaze, you must have sweet and heat. A little bit of honey and a little bit of hot sauce go a long way to adding great dimension to this easy Brussels Sprouts Recipe.
Tips for the Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- For Paleo or Vegan Brussels Sprouts, use maple syrup in place of the honey in the balsamic glaze.
- For extra crispy Brussels Sprouts, preheat your sheet pan while preparing your brussels sprouts. This will help to char the leaves, while keeping the flesh tender.
- Omit the Sriracha from the Balsamic glaze if you heat is not your thing, or use your favorite hot sauce in it’s place.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts will keep safely in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- To reheat Brussels Sprouts, broil under broiler for 2-4 minutes, depending on strength of your broiler.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Honey Mustard Pork Sandwiches with Brussels Sprout Slaw
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 2 large rimmed sheet pans in oven while preparing brussels sprouts.
- Clean brussels sprouts by rinsing in water and removing any leaves with brown spots. Dry with paper towels or drain well.
Slice brussels sprouts in half.
- Toss prepared brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Carefully remove sheet pans from oven and spread brussels sprouts evenly out onto a large sheet pan.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, flipping half-way through baking, until golden brown
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, honey, and hot sauce.
- Pour over roasted brussels sprouts.
- Serve OR return to oven for 5 minutes to caramelize the glaze.